Chapter 15: Mistakes happen

Cayden and Venus sat opposite one another and the rest of us gathered around. The topic was times tables. The rules; simple. Smack the table if you know the answer, you have 10 seconds to answer if you unable to it's passed on and if your correct you get a point.

When they started it was a tie between them and it stayed like that until the last question when Venus gave the wrong answer, leaving the table open for Cayden and she got it right.

I almost wanted to jump in joy but it would've been biased and inappropriate for the time. Cayden looked up and me with happy eyes and in reflex I winked at her. I actually winked. As soon as the action was done I cringed. Why the heck would I wink?

"Noah.."

I tried to erase that moment out of my head but it mocked me in circles.

"Noah."

The action continuously played like a broken record.

"Noah?" Cole clicked his finger in my face snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Y-yeah?"
"I was saying I didn't know Cayden was good at maths."
"Oh yeah she said it was because she hated the maths teacher."
"Even so, she's got talent."

I nodded my head aimlessly still slightly disconnected from the conversation. Why would I wink?

After that eventful morning we walked to our form room to get registered in. I kept mentally slapping myself not really knowing what to do. Cayden hadn't said anything to me yet and I was worried I put her off of me, even more than before.

We took our seats just as the bell rang. I went to sit at the front but all the seats were taken resulting in my having to sit at the back, where the only free seat was next to Cayden. I sighed in mixed emotions. It wasn't any more helpful that a desk was for two people. My palms got more sweaty as I sat down and I constantly rubbed them on my trousers.

"Are you okay?" Cayden whispered, a bit too close, as we were being registered.
"Yeah, just really hot."
"I'm not surprised your wearing a shirt and a wooly jumper."

She was right I'd decided to go for the cosy option but it wasn't working in my favour.

I laughed nervously, "True..."

Cayden gave me the 'what are you doing' look and I knew I wasn't doing very well hiding my emotions. I kept on fiddling with my fingers until the bell rang and our teacher dismissed us to class. I fast walked to my locker to avoid bumping into Cayden but instead, because of my lack of attention, I literally bumped into Hayley Green. This day is just getting better and better.

"Watch where your going." Hayley growled.

In all honesty I didn't know why I really liked her. She was really pretty and nice, at times, but she's been changing. She stood in front of me with an unimpressed look. She wore a short black skirt to match with her black off the shoulder tank top.

"I-I d-don't... I'm sorry.." I stuttered. I'm still nervous around her.
Hayley looked into my eyes before saying, "Oh Noah right? Sorry I thought you were someone else."
I stared at the ground slightly anxious, "That's okay."
"But how are you?" She asked whilst opening her locker.
"I-"
"Great!" She smiled cutting me off, "Are we still on for Business Studies revision tonight?"

I was confused as to when we arranged this and to be honest I didn't feel like doing revision. To be honest I would've preferred doing Chemitry with Cayden but then again she may not be enjoying as much as I do - like the kiss.

"W-well, okay. I-I have Mathletes after school so it would have to be after then." I mutter still staring at the floor.
"Great." Hayley said suddenly, making me jump.