● Chapter 22 ●

Michael Stokes ●

It was going on two in the morning when my phone started ringing. I quickly answered the phone hoping it didn't wake Erica or Isaiah.

"Hello."

"We found him sir."

"Where?"

"Some old apartments on the west side."

"Hold him there, I'm on my way." I said hanging up.

I walked back into the room and they were still sound asleep. I throw on some jeans and put on my sneakers. I kissed them before I left.

"Hello?"

"They found him. I'm ten minutes away from you."

"Okay."

Ten minutes later I was pulling up out front of Marcus building. He was already waiting.

"Where is he?"

"On the west side some old apartments." He nodded. So much was going through my head. Why was he even over there in the first place? It's not even safe over there.

《》

《》

《》

《》

《》

"Why would you try to kill my daughter and grandchild?" Marcus yelled, throwing him into a nearby wall. Currently I'm being held down by two of my men, because I was going to kill him. Hell he hurt what was mine, but I understood what Marcus said. He deserved to rot in jail for what he did.

Once Marcus was done with him we threw him in the back of a van before driving off.

Marcus and I walked into the police station with Jousha.

"Can I help you?"

"No. Get me the Chief of Police." I said. He nodded before walking away. Ten minutes later the chief came walking out.

"What's going on Michael? Who is this?" He asked looking at a beat up and unconscious Joshua.

"I want him behind bars. He is the one that attacked my wife and child. He also escaped from prison." I said. He nodded. He called two officers over to help take Jousha away from us.

We stayed there for an hour filling out paperwork. After that I dropped Marcus back home. My jaw hurt like a bitch.

When I pulled up the lights in the kitchen were on. I got out the car making sure it was locked. I unlocked the front door and heard Isaiah crying. I walked into the kitchen.

"Oh my god! Michael where the hell have you been?" Erica said.

"I had to handle something." I said walking toward the fridge to get ice for my jaw.

"Handle what at three in the morning Michael?" She asked feeding Isaiah.

"Jousha was found and your dad and I went to handle it." I said.

"I was worried sick. I didn't know where you were. I called everyone looking for you! I even called your phone." She said.

"I'm sorry I worried you Erica. I needed to do this." I said. She sighed, but nodded.

"Where is he now?"

"Jail." I said. She nodded.

"I'm going to put Isaiah to bed." She said before walking out. I got up heading up to our room to shower.

● Erica Stokes ●

We can finally sleep in peace now that Jousha is behind bars again. My baby and I are safe now. That's all I ever wanted from the beginning. I can finally go to sleep at night not worrying or wondering if Jousha is going to come back. Whatever happens to him he deserves it.