● Chapter 3 ●

● Erica Peterson ●

I was off today so I decided to get something to eat from my job. I can't get much of anything half of the time so I'm glad when I can.

I walked into the diner and it was a little busy today.

"Hey girl! I thought it was your day off?" Ashley said.

"It is. I just wanted to get something quick to eat." I said.

"Well come on. I'll serve you today." She said. I giggled 'cause she so crazy. There were a group of guys sitting at one table.

"What would you like today thicknesses?" I playfully rolled my eyes. She's always called me thicknesses.

"Just give me the steak and fries with a sprite." I said. She nodded.

My food finally came, but I needed to use the bathroom. As I was walking toward the bathroom I could hear the guys talking, but I just ignored them.

I did my vusiness and washed my hands. Before I could walk out I hear one of them say something.

"Let's make a bet."

"Okay what?"

"You see the black chick that just walked by us?"

"Yes." I hear them say.

"You have to get the black girl number and fuck her before the week is over with." He said. Oh really?

"Okay and what if you don't?" Another one asked.

"Then you pay up $500." He said. I walked out and they looked at me and smiled. I smiled back.

I went back to my seat to eat. As I was eating one of them walked up to me.

"Excuse me?" He said. He was about 6 foot even. The usual blonde hair blue eyes. He was a little built, but not to much. I looked up at me.

"No." Was all I said before turning back to my food.

"Excuse me?" He asked confused.

"Whatever it is you want the answer is no." I said irritated. He grumbled something walking away. One down three to go.

A few minutes later another came up to me. He looked to be about 6'1 or something. Green eyes, dirty blonde hair that was cut very low. He was dressed in a business suit as well.

"No. Now goodbye." I didn't even give him time to say anything. He narrowed his eyes at me and stumped away angry. I couldn't help but laugh to myself.

Candidate number three walked up. He looked just like the one that just stumped away, but his eyes were Gray. He a lil cutie though.

"Yes?"

"I was wonder if I could get your number sexy." I smiled at him.

"No." He frowned.

"Come on. Me and you can do some things together baby." I laughed shaking my head.

"My phone is under construction sorry." I said.

"Really?" He asked. I nodded.

"Well here's my number call me." He said with a wink and walked away.

Last but not least, the one was the tallest out of all of them. He was the Alpha Male type. You could feel the dominance radiate off of him. It's like he demanded attention.

He took a seat in front of me. I raised my eyebrow looking at him.

"Hello beautiful. I'm Michael." His voice made a real woman weak in the knees, but I already know why he here.

"Hello handsome." I said folding my arms across my chest. He had a sexy smirk on his face, but trust me it will not last long.

"I was wondering why a beautiful caramel queen as yourself is dining alone?"

"Because I prefer to be alone." I retorted. He trying to spit game and I'm like 'sir please get to the point'.

"Well maybe I should dine with you." He said.

"Can you get to the point already." I said a little to harshly. But I don't want to be a play toy. His smirked dropped into a frown. As I thought.

"Well since you put it that way. I just wanted your number. I could take you out to dinner sometime." He said.

LIES.

"Is that before or after the bet?" I asked. Now it was my turn to smirk. He looked at me wide eyed.

"H-How did you know?" He asked.

"I have ears you know." I said. He nodded.

"Well I'm truly sorry for wasting your time..."

"My name is not important maybe if you weren't here trying to win a bet and try to fuck me before the week is over I would've believed you. But under these circumstances I could really care less." I said. I stood up and walked away leaving him at the table dumbfounded.

"Hey Ashley?"

"Yeah?"

"You see that gentlemen over there?" I asked pointing at him.

"Yeah what about his sexy ass?"

"He's paying for my lunch." I said. I ordered a hell of a lot of random things which was added to my bill. Once I got everything I walked out. That’ll teach him. I got in my car and left.

I decided to head home and rest because I have nothing else to do.

Michael Stokes

What the hell just happened?

No one and I mean no one talks to me like that. The waitress walked over to me putting the receipt in front of me.

"Here's your check."

"I didn't order this." I said. She shrugged.

"You can pay at the front." With that she walked away.

"Hey?"

"What?"

"What was the woman name that you were talking to?"

"Her name is Erica."

"Does she work here?"

"Yeah why?"

"I just wanted to know." She nodded and walked away. I pulled some bills out my pocket and placed it on the table. I walked back over to our table.

"So did you get her number?" Josh asked.

"No."

"Mr. Bachelor didn't get a number. This is history in the making!" Adam said. I rolled my eyes at them.

"I'll be back." I walked to find the manager. Two can play this game.

I knocked on the manager office.

"Come in."

"I want one of your workers fired." I said.

"Who and why?"

"An Erica and because her work ethics are poor. She's rude and gave me the worse service ever. Every time I come here when she's here its the same thing." I said lying through my teeth. He nodded.

"I didn't think Erica would do such a thing."

"Well she did and I want her fired now or you'll be out of a job before you could say why." I threatened. He gulped.

"Okay." He said. He made the call. I smiled. Ten minutes later he hung up.

"It's done." He said. After spending a few more minutes talking to him I turned on my heels and walked out. I almost felt bad for her.

"Let's get back to work I have a meeting."