● Chapter 18 ●

Six Months Later...

● Erica Stokes ●

I'm officially eight months today and big as a whale. I thought that we should be surprised. I didn't want to know the gender and Michael was okay with that.

I was home alone today. Michael had went out with Adam, my dad, and Josh. Being married to Michael these few months have been good. Our honeymoon was amazing. We spent the first two weeks in our room, then the last week shopping, on the beach, touring Jamaica, and other things like almost getting arrested because Michael couldn't wait to get to the room to have sex. It's funny how me being pregnant got us out of going to jail.

We have our little arguments, but what married couple doesn't. It's just he will not let me do anything. I keep telling him I'm pregnant not handicap. There was a knock at the door which was strange because I want expected anybody. I looked through the peephole it was a pizza guy. I didn't order pizza.

"I'm sorry I didn't order any pizza." I said. His head snapped up. My eyes had to be playing tricks on me. I tried to close the door, but he was much stronger then me. I ended up stumbling back.

"Surprise bitch." Joshua said.

"What do you want?" I asked putting my arms protectively around my stomach. He walked up to me. I stepped back.

"You dead." He said before he punched me on the stomach.

"NO STOP PLEASE!" I screamed in the fetal position. He just kept kicking and hitting me all over my body.

"Your a disgrace to your kind. You should've never came into Michael's life. Your nothing but a good for nothing slut who trap white men for their money." He growled. My whole body hurt. I felt sharp pains coming from my stomach.

"Pl-Please l-let m-me g-go." I cried as he pulled me by my hair.

"Shut up bitch." He kicked me in the face.

God please save me. Was the last thing I prayed before blacking out.

《》

《》

《》

《》

《》

Michael Stokes

"Erica!" I shouted walking in the house. I didn't smell any food. That's strange I was only gone for two hours. She said she would have food cooked for us when we got back. She must have fell asleep. I jogged upstairs to our room, but it was empty. I, then checked the office, the baby's room, guest bedrooms, and came up with nothing. I come back downstairs waking toward the kitchen when I hear a grunting noise.

"M-Michael h-help m-m-me."

Erica?

"Erica! Where are you baby? Your scaring me." I said. I hear her coughing. I run following the noise. It got quiet again.

"Erica, where are you?" I called again. I hear glass shatter so I ran toward the noise.

"ERICA! BABY NO!" I cried looking down at her bloody body.

"Please wake up. You can't leave me!" I screamed.

"What's go-WHAT'S HAPPENED TO MY DAUGHTER?!" Marcus shouted picking Erica up out my arms.

"We need to get her to the hospital now!" Josh said pulling on my arm. I was numb.

Who would do this to my wife and child?

They didn't deserve none of this. The entire ride to the hospital I held my Erica in my arms crying and praying that they would be alright.

"Wh-Who did this to you baby?" I croaked out. She didn't respond.

"Erica answer me!" I shouted.

"Who did this to you?"

"J-Joshua." She said before she passed out.

"NO! DRIVE FASTER! I WILL NOT LOSE HER OR MY CHILD, DAMN IT!" I yelled at her dad to drive faster.

"Baby wake up. Don't sleep. Open your eyes please." I held her body close to mine as I cried.

This has to be a bad dream. It just has to