● Chapter 20 ●

● Erica Stokes ●

I groaned and moaned from the pain I was in. I opened my eyes letting them adjust to the light in the room. Why was I in the hospital? I didn't feel my baby moving. I looked down to see that my stomach had went down. Where was my baby? Where was Michael? I started to panic. The door to the room opened. My head snapped toward it. Michael walked in with a cup in one hand and phone in the other.

"MICHAEL! WHERE IS MY BABY?!" I asked. I must have scared him cause he dropped his phone.

"Shit." He mumbled before picking it up. He looked at me with sad eyes.

"Michael where is my baby?" He walked toward me.

"He is fine, but he does have a little problem breathing on his own." He said. I couldn't stop the water works from falling. Michael pulled me into a hug. I didn't care about the pain I was in I cried for my baby.

"H-How long have I been here?" I asked avoiding his stare. I know I looked bad. Shit I feel bad. He grabbed my chin softly making me face him.

"Don't look away from me baby." I looked at him, but I didn't feel comfortable.

"But I'm ugly. Look at my face Michael-"

"Stop it right now, Erica." He said sternly.

"You are beautiful no matter what. I'll still love you. So don't think for one second I wouldn't. Do you hear me?" He said. I nodded.

"Then tell me you love me and that I'm the most handsomeness man in the whole wide world." He said causing me to giggle. Handsomeness? That's not even a word.

"I love you and your the most handsomeness man in the whole wide world." I said.

"That's what I'm talking about." He said pecking my lips lightly.

A little while later the doctor came to check on me and then our family and friends. Now what put a damper in my mood was when my mother walked in.

"What are you doing here?" Michael asked. He had that cold dead face he always has when he's in his meetings.

"I came to visit my daughter." She said. I looked her over. She looked like her old self again. Her skin was getting its color back, her hair had grown, she had on clean clothes for once. Her eyes landed on my dad and that color she had was gone again. My dad just looked at her not saying anything.

"Could you guys step out for a minute?" I asked. They nodded.

"I'll be right outside the door if you need me." Michael said. I nodded. I waited for the door to close before I spoke. I really have no hard feelings for my mom. I just didn't like her ways.

"How did you know I was here?" I asked because I know none of them called her.

"Somebody sent me a picture of you laying in a hospital bed from restricted number." She said. My dad stormed out the room, then Michael walked in not even five minutes later.

"When did you get that text?"

"Last night, but I didn't see it untill a while ago." My mom said.

"I'm going to have sercurity doubled and no one can come in or out without me knowing." Michael said. I nodded.

Michael Stokes

Joshua is playing a sick joke. How did he even get a picture of Erica? I'm going to kill his ass. To be honest I found out that somehow he escaped from jail the first time. When I'm done with him he's going to wish he was dead.

I added more security to the hospital and I had a guard standing in front of her door and one in the room. I also had two guards at the nursery.

I have people out looking for him, but still haven't found any trace of him, yet. Jousha was my best friend. I don't know what happened to him.

All I know is that this needs to stop and soon.