● Chapter 4 ●

● Erica Peterson ●

I was once again arguing with my mother about the bills. When I got a call from my boss telling me that I was fired. I spent ten minutes arguing with him, until I just hung up on him.

How could he just fireme? He knows I need this job. Ugh! Just my luck. Everything seems to be going wrong.

《》

《》

《》

《》

《》

Four Days Later

Today I'm picking up my last check. I've been looking for another job to replace this one, but i haven't found anything yet.

"Hey girl. Where have you been?" Ashley asked.

"I got fired."

"What? Why?"

"I don't know. I came here to pick up my last check."

"I'm sorry to hear that. If you need anything don't hesitate to call me."

"Thanks Ashley. I'll see you around." I walked into my boss office.

"Erica? What are you doing here?"

"I came to get my last check." I said nonchalantly.

"Oh right....Here you go." He said handing me my check.

"Can you tell me why I was fired."

"Some customers came in complaining about you. You know how I am when it comes to complaints and I couldn't afford to get shut down." He said.

"But you know me better then that." I said. He sighed.

"I'm sorry Erica."

"Who complained?"

"You know I can't tell you that Erica." I grabbed him up by his collar.

"Tell me who complained or I swear you'll never have children again." I said. He looked scared.

"The complaint papers are in the file over there." He pointed. I walked over to pick up the file. I looked over the file.

Michael Stokes?

Joshua Whitmore?

Adam Lambert?

"What did he look like?"

"Who?"

"This Michael Stokes person."

"He was tall, black hair, light green eyes..." I blocked him out because I knew exactly who he was describing. That fucking prick. I stormed out my boss - ex boss office. Ashley was calling after me, but I jumped into my car and pulled off.

He is going to pay for this. I had to pull over because I was crying. I lost my job. How am I going to get by now?

I wiped my tears after crying for ten minutes. I pulled out my phone to search this Michael Stokes.

Damn was all I could say. He's the riches man in the United States. He owns Stokes Co. and many other establishments. I found his address. Oh he is about to pay for this.

I put my car in drive and headed to his office. It took me about thirty minutes to get there.

I walked into a high rise building. It was elegant. I kinda felt out of place from what I was wearing. I had on a pair of cut off skinny jeans, a plain white v-neck, and some white sandals. My hair was thrown into a ponytail.