● Chapter 21 ●

Erica Stokes ●

I was glad to be getting out of this hospital. Isaiah had started breathing on his own, but they still wanted us to watch him sleep for the next couple of days. If anything was to go wrong we were to bring him back. They still haven't found Jousha, so I don't know what's going to happen about that situation. My main concern is my child. Jousha is the least of my worries.

Michael Stokes

Today, the baby and Erica come home from the hospital and I'm not leaving their side. We still haven't found Joshua and I'm not taking any chances on leaving them alone.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked Erica, while picking up our sleeping son. We decided to name him Isaiah Irving Stokes. He has my everything. He looks like my twin. Erica's swelling went down, but the bruises are still black and blue.

I was glad that they could finally come home. I hated being there alone, even if it was to get a change of clothes or to shower. I've got so used to her being there that it's not home without her.

《》

《》

《》

《》

《》

"Michael could you fix Isaiah a bottle for me?" I nodded walking out the room. It was after one in the morning and Isaiah woke up crying. I happened to be up checking the sercurity cameras, making sure things are good. I wasn't letting anything get passed me. Not this time around.

"I can't believe I'm a father." I said handing Erica Isaiah's bottle. His eyes watched my every move. I got into bed next to them. I watched Erica closely. She had a smile on her face and I don't think she noticed.

"What?" She asked looking at me.

"I'm sorry for everything Jousha did to you. I should've protected you and Isaiah more. I see the way you were just smiling looking down at him. I feel like I can't apologize enough." I said.

"Michael you have nothing to be sorry for. What Jousha did is not anyone's fault, but his own. I don't think he's thinking straight. Maybe something happened to him and you guys don't know about. I'm not saying he was right for taking it out on me, but there's more to the story." She said. That had me thinking is there a reason, why he started acting this way? Even if there is he had no right hurting my wife and child. I just can't forgive him for that.

"But that all doesn't give him the right to harm you." I said. She was burping Isaiah now.

"That's true, but sooner or later your going to have to forgive him. I did even if we're never going to be friends. I forgive him. Life is too short to hold grudges, no matter what a person does to you. I'm okay, our son is okay. Whatever happens, happens as long as you protect what's valuable to you." She said getting out the bed to put Isaiah in his crib. Her words replayed in my head. What she said is true, but I'm still going to kick his ass there's no doubt about that.