● Chapter 24 ●

Michael Stokes

"MICHAEL!" I hear Erica scream. I jump up to go see what's going on. When I got to the door I didn't know how to react to seeing this person.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, moving Erica behind me. His face made me want to punch him repeatedly.

"I came to apologize." Jousha said. Like I'd believe that. I slammed the door in his face and walked away.

That was just bullshit. I laid back on the couch to watch the movie.

● Erica Stokes ●

"Jousha wait." I said. He was walking away.

"Why'd you do that to me? I didn't deserve any of that!" I said, trying to hold my tears back.

"You reminded me of her." He said. I'm confused. Who the hell is her?

"Who is her?" Sadness and regret flashed in his eyes.

"A while back I was dating this girl. She was everything to me. We were going to married. We had also found out that she was pregnant." He took a shaky breath. I patted the seat next to me.

"What happened?" I asked, curiously.

"One night I came home and she was gone. She didn't leave a note or anything. She just left with my unborn child. She broke my heart and ever since that night I've been a heartless person. Seeing you and Mike together brung back the memories. I was angry because I don't know where she or my child are. I thought you would do the same to Mike and I didn't want him hurt like I was. I'm so sorry Erica." He had tears flowing down his face by now. I don't know what to say about that.

"Why didn't you just tell your friends. You did all of this and ended up losing everything Jousha. It wasn't fair to me, your friends, or family. I could've lost my baby. Then what? Mike could've killed you! You have to think about things before you just do them." I said.

"Why didn't you tell us Joshua? We could've helped you." Michael said from behind us.

"How long have you been standing there?"

"Since you never came inside the house. I got worried and rushed out here." He said. I nodded.

"Maybe you guys can help him find this lady and his child." I suggested. I got up to let them talk.

"No fighting." I said to Michael. He sighed, but nodded. I walked inside with Isaiah.

"Where's dad?" He asked.

"Outside talking to an old friend." I said. He nodded.

I can't believe another woman was the cause of my abuse. Whoever she is when I see her I'm going to slap her ass just cause and then some.