Chapter 9

"You have made a big mistake." Batman said, facing Selena Kyle who was dressed up as cat woman. She tricked Batman, and I could tell that she didn't want to do it. The way she looked at him, I do think that she felt hurt just by doing this mistake. But she had no choice. I stared at her and nodded once, "Go." I whispered making her leave the place. She glanced back at Batman, and hesitated.

"Bruce Wayne." Bane suddenly came out of nowhere, with his hands grasping the strap of his clothes again. He slowly stepped closer, talking to Batman who is unsurprisingly Bruce Wayne.

I watched them both walk around, and Bruce looked kind of puzzled. Bruce started throwing punches and quick kicks at Bane, but he just dodged them all. I hid under a shadow, near a post. I watched Bruce Wayne try to take Bane down as fast and as hard as he could.

But there was just no way to stop him. Bruce is facing a large man who has an army full of armed people. There is just no way Batman can take Bane out tonight.

Bane must've gotten sick of Bruce trying. As Bruce threw another punch, he grabbed his wrist and threw him down on the ground. Bruce groaned, touching his back.

I gasped, seeing Bruce hurt for the first time like this. He was panting, with just one push from Bane. It was impossible for him to defend himself now. Bane stepped closer, and Bruce did not stop. He kept throwing hits at Bane, but that hit Bane did not help.

It was hard to hear them, let alone see them, as my head was still spinning from all the wine I drank. I did not want to follow them down there either. I could not show Bruce Wayne that I'm here in case he gets away.

All I could hear were loud thuds and thumps. Then—silence.

I went to the waterfall. Bane knelt down, and positioned himself, about to punch Bruce in the face with his mask on.

I gasped when Bane did it. Bruce's mask cracked, fell on the floor revealing his face. Covered in blood. Bane stood up, and as he was about to step on Bruce's abdomen, I shouted, "Bane!" He paused. Bruce glanced at me. "Stop, Bane."

Bane glanced back at Bruce and slowly placed his foot on Bruce.

"Who-who-" Bruce tried to speak as he tried to catch his breath. "What-"

"You don't need to know, Bruce." Bane slowly shifted his weight, making Bruce groan and catch his breath. "There are some things you will never, ever, understand."

"Bane," I whispered once more as he paused and slowly glanced where I was standing.

Bane took his foot off him then turned, "Take him where the rest are." He told his men and left.

As I watched him leave, I ran to Bruce lying on the floor. He was in great pain. Blood was everywhere, but he tried his best to move.

"Why are you here?" he looked up at me, trying to open his eyes to see me clearly.

I looked down. I shook my head 'no', and glanced back at him. "I'm sorry."

"Are you here to help him, Amy?" Bruce asked once more, and I nodded. He looked away, "Is this because of business, I-"

I spoke, "No, Bruce. This is not about that. That is not why I am here, that's not the reason why I was brought in here." I explained to him.

He managed to smirk. "You are exactly what you feared."

My eyes widened. Bruce and I had only known each other because of work. But we've known about each other for a while. He knew why I carried on with my business. He knows my insecurities. And he proceeds to insult me?

"You made a mistake." His deep voice slowly faded.

I shook my head in disbelief, "No. I did the right thing." I said.

Slowly, he lost consciousness."We'll take it from here," one of the men said.

I stood up and gave way, watching them carry him out.

"Yeah." I spoke to myself, "I made the right decision."

I stood, leaning on the table beside Bane who was sitting on a chair with his hands clasped together.

"Are you worried?" He asked. "You've been silent."

I crossed my arms, "There's just nothing to say."

He nodded. "Are you having doubts?"

"No."

"Are you certain?" He moved closer to me. "I heard you spoke with Bruce."

"Yeah and that's none of your business."

"Is it not?"

I rolled my eyes, "You jealous of our short and sweet conversation? Don't you get enough of that with--"

"Are you jealous?" He teased, making me shoot him a glare for a long time.

I admit, it made me quiet for a while. I looked away.

"No." YES.

Bane stared at me, slowly walking closer to me but I avoided him. "I better check on the other guys, I haven't finished with the security codes." I said, and left him.

It's either he knows I feel for him or he's pushing my buttons. Although I hate that, I have to admit it's a bit amusing to see a lighter side of him regardless if it's childish. Sometimes I wonder how he would act if things were different. But I shouldn't even waste time imagining something ridiculously impossible.