Chapter 20 || Author's note included

Seeing Bane in front of me, breathing normally, it gives me a warm feeling. I know everything's going to be okay, I'm sure of it. I stand there, staring at Bane who must be unconscious or asleep at this time.

Richard knocks and slowly opens the door, then closes it behind me, "He'll be up soon, we injected some serum to get him to rest." he puts his hand on his waist, "You okay?" he asks. I glance at him, "I am now."

"He's going to be fine,"

I nod once, "I know... That's what I've been trying to tell myself."

He smiles at me, "What has gotten into you?" he suddenly asks, and I drop my head. My eyes slowly closes, "I knew you were going to ask that soon enough." I say and chuckle, opening my eyes again.

"I just- I think I love him."

Richard places his hand on my shoulder, and I place my hand on his, staring at Bane on the bed. I just can't wait to see him awake again.

   I sip from the cup, tasting the sweet coffee. I hold the cup with my right hand as I look out the window. A nurse comes up to me, and he looks familiar. He must be one of the nurses who assisted Richard in the operation, and he might have realized it was Bane.

"Ma'am?"

I turn to him, "Yes?"

"Don't you have anywhere to stay? I mean, to go home into?" he asks me. The nurse was young, and he had a deep voice. "You've been here for a couple of days. I never saw you leave his bedside, except when you're out to grab some coffee." He teases.

I chuckle and step closer to him, "I'm not from here." I tell him, taking another sip from my cup.

"Are you in any way related to the client? I know this is none of my business but-"

A smile forms on my lips as I stare back at him, "I'm just a friend of his."

He pauses for a while, "I know who he is... and if any of us realizes it soon enough, we might be running to the Police."

"Why didn't you?"

He pauses again, and then he gets back with his deep voice and his accent, "I was too curious to know why a woman like you would be helping a monster like him."

I tried to ignore the boy calling Bane a monster. I didn't like hearing anyone address him as a monster, when I am sure he isn't. "Curiosity," I take a deep breath, "It's what's gotten into me."

He puts his hand behind his back, "I am sorry, I do not understand?"

"I was too curious to know if he had a heart. You know, deep down, I thought... What if?" I chuckle, "What if that monster had a heart. What could be the reason why he turned out to be one?" I say and turn away and face the window.

The boy kept quiet that I could only hear his breath.

"Is that why you're here?" I suddenly ask.

"No." He whispers, "There's something Doc wanted me to inform you..."

I look out at the blue bright skies.

"He's awake." he says.

A/N: Ooooops! Cliffie! ehehehehe. Sorry. But don't worry, the next chapter will be great. Anyway, I just wanted to THANK YOU GUYS so much for keeping up. All the reads and votes means a lot to me. Thank youuuuu :)