Chapter 23

(Bane POV)

I sit down on the cot and place my hands on my head, my eyes closed. I've been asleep, they say, and it has been a few days since the wreck I started back in Gotham. But how come the dreams and visions I had felt real?

 The dream was vivid: A bright light was flashing right in front of me, but I didn't feel a thing. Then a lady came close to me, and she was crying.

   These visions were a blur, but they seemed so real than just a dream. I remember seeing multiple lights that was passing through, but it felt like I was lying down with paralyzed legs and feet. But a lady appeared again, and she had tears flowing down from her eyes, but she kept up beside me, then everything else stops around me.

I close my eyes tight, trying to remember the dream. I push my skull harder, trying to think well.

   I remember the woman stopping then she leans closer to me. Then she... She kisses the upper side of my cheek, then she tries to lean in to kiss my mouth, but instead she kissed the heavy metallic mask covering it. Another tear escapes her eye as it was closed, and by the time she opens it, she stops. And I recall who she is.

 I open my eyes again. I cannot believe the vision I have seen, it seems surreal and hard to believe but... it felt true.

I saw Amy in my dream, and it wasn't suspicious and questionable. She was with me all the time, and she brought me here. There are huge chances that the dream occurred.

   I walk out of the room and tried to avoid seeing people who worked in the hospital. They'll think I'm trying to escape, or worse, they'll take me out without even telling Amy about it. I'm not that sure about my strength anymore, now that I've been asleep for days and I feel different. There's a sharp pain in my whole body. I feel...weak. I scowl at that fact.

   Going down a few flights through the stairs, I see Amy standing in the middle of the hallway. I peek through the door glass and push the door open. I see her speaking with Richard. I turn to the other block, taking a different path to come closer and maybe even hear what they're talking about.

   I stand close to the wall and luckily, I find a vending machine near it. I stand close and listened.

"I told you, for the last time, he can be dangerous." Richard says. 

I hear her sneer, "He isn't Richard. Will you please stop? I told you, I can explain everything to him." 

"And talk him out? He's crazy, he makes chaos. He's mentally sick-" 

"Bane isn't a fucking psycho, Richard!" she exclaims, and it echoes through the empty hall. "He isn't even a monster," she says, "You saw him today. He's just confused like what you said. He's different now, and I know that." 

Richard doesn't say anything, and I hear his footsteps come closer. 

I step back and lean to the wall. 

"I know you're acting like this because you're scared," Amy speaks, "Because I was too. But I know that there's nothing to worry about." she pauses, "You're gonna be okay and you're not going to end up like the one you're thinking about."

Richard sighs and sneers, "I don't know what has gotten into you, but I'm doing this for your father. I don't want you to get hurt."

"He did say he wanted me to be happy right?"

"He did, Amy. But-"

Amy steps forward, "Then please, let us go."

Silence kept them apart and for a while, I hear them chuckle. 

I don't know how Amy does it, but she wins an argument all the time. That is why I never win when I try to push her away from my sight. Now she's in this situation, she still won't let me do it. There is something about her that makes me change my mind.

Hospital room.

"Hey." Amy greets, slowly closing the door. "I'm back."

I glance and smile at her, "How did it go?" I ask, sitting on the cot.

She grins and crosses her arms, "Let's get you out of here by sunrise." she chuckles.

I sneer and shake my head in relief, "How do you do such a thing?" I ask, "Winning arguments?"

She tightens her lips, and smirks, "I don't know, it's a skill." she says and winks. I laugh with her and I bite my lower lip and pause.

"Thank you." I mumble.

She smiles in such a different way, "It's not a problem, Bane." she says.

   The sunlight rises up and I see the bed empty. Amy was gone, and she wasn't in the room. I slowly sit up from the small cot and try not to squint my eye.

   The bathroom door opens and I see her talking on her phone. She flashes a smile and closes it. "I washed up" she mouths and talks with the man on her phone, "Alright, Ken. Thanks." she says and hungs up.

She stops in front of me, "Alright. Let's go?" she asks me, and I smirk at her. "Let's go."