Untitled Part 6

Oliver stopped several feet from her, and when she turned eyes blazing, he almost took a step back. She approached him and slapped him hard across the face. His head turned at the force and if it had been anyone else, Oliver would have been angry. They would not have stayed on their feet long enough to do it again. But he pushed those feelings down. Felicity was hurt and angry. He needed to let her feel that.

"Leave. Me. Alone."

The words crawled out of her chest and settled between them and Oliver wanted to leave, but his feet would not move. There was more he needed to say, and for someone who never worried about explaining his actions to anyone, this was a first.

"Please, let me say my piece and then I will go."

Felicity looked around and seeing the people walking along the sidewalk watching them, she turned and stormed off. There was no way she was discussing this in the middle of the sidewalk for anyone to hear. Oliver was a step behind her and when she walked into her building and up the stairs he hesitated only a moment before he followed her.

Felicity opened her door and turned to slam it in his face, he caught it quickly with his hand. "Just five minutes Felicity, that is all I ask."

"You have two." She said, the anger and hurt in her eyes flashing and Oliver stepped inside and quietly closed the door behind him, but he did not move closer to her. "Felicity, your husband is a sick, twisted, dangerous man. He is not only smuggling drugs into Star City he abuses women."

"That is old news Oliver?", she said sarcastically. She knew better than anyone just what type of sick fuck her husband really was.

"You obviously don't know everything." His voice raised to get her attention and Felicity looked at him in anger and confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"You're not the first woman David has abused. You're not even his second."

Felicity's anger still bubbled under the surface, but she stayed silent.

"Two women who are connected to David have been on the missing person's list the latest just disappearing over a year ago. Lyla was able to connect them to David. One was the sister of a friend of his from college, Melony Draper. The other we were able to actually pin down as a previous girlfriend, Michelle Ingram." Oliver saw a frown flash across her face.

"Did you say Michelle?"

"Yes, do you know her?"

"I met her once when David and I were dating. He told me they were just friends." She looked at Oliver confused. "When did she disappear?"

"A year and a half ago."

Felicity felt her world shatter even more, "We were dating then. I had a suspicion he was seeing someone else, but he convinced me I was the only one he was seeing and then two days later he proposed." She glanced up at Oliver. "I never had that feeling again."

"Listen Felicity I am sorry you are going through all of this, but John and Lyla are truly good people. They care about you and just want to help."

Felicity felt her anger flair back up. "Your five minutes are up."

Oliver looked at her face and he knew he was not going to get any further with her tonight. He turned and opened the door but before he left he turned back to her. "David is in the process of hiring another gun to come after you. I am going to keep my eye on you whether you like it or not. So are John and Lyla." He gave her one more intense look before he stepped out and closed the door quietly behind him.

Felicity walked over and set her alarm system, then turning toward her bedroom, she walked down the hall and took her shoes off before crawling into bed. She had lost her appetite and suddenly she was mentally and emotionally drained. She felt the tears falling again as she thought back over the evening and then she thought of Michelle. So, David was the suspect in the disappearance of two other women. Knowing what she did now about Oliver's sister she was starting to understand him a little better.