33 - You

Tony sat on a bench, hevily breathing and pale, waiting for the results.
A young woman with a clipboard walked up next to him.
"Mr. Stark?"

He looked up at her.

"He will live."

Tony immediatly jumped up and hugged her tightly. She froze, not expecting that.
After an akward but assuring second, he let go and pulled away.
"S-sorry."

The woman coughed and cleared her throat. "He's gonna be immobile for a while and prone to passing out easily, but after that he'll be fine. It's honestly a miracle he even survived that fall."

Tony took her hand and shook it, quickly saying "thank you so much. I don't know what I would do without him."

"Your welcome sir."

Tony let go of her hand. "Can I go and see him?"

She nodded and pointed at a doorway. She walked over to it and opened the door for him.

Loki was laying asleep in a small bed. His left eye was a deep scarlet and a little swollen, and he had a few bandages around his shoulder. He had a tube in his nose to help him breath, and there was a cut around his temple.

Tony pulled up a chair next to him, just listening to him breathing.
It was a calming silent period. Just them. No Ultron, no Sokovia, no avengers, no Thanos, no nothing.
Just Loki and Tony.

"Stark?"
Tony jumped, his chair falling sideways making a loud screeching sound.
He stood up and looked at Loki who had woken up.
Loki was akwardly stairing at him. "Stark where's Ultron?"
"No longer in existence."
"Sokovia?"
"No longer in existence."
"What? Did it hit?"
"Nope. Me and your brother destroyed it before that."
"Nobody died?"
"One person."
"Who?"
"Speedy kid."
"Oh."
Loki looked down. He stopped, looked around him, and asked, "where are we, by the way?"
"You're in the Avengers tower."
"Mm."

They sat there, silent for awhile.

"Loki,"
Loki looked up at Tony. Tony sat down and leaned up against the bed. Loki's eyes followed him.
"What you did out there was astounding. I mean, full on fighting Ultron, the largest one, and actually succeeding, it's nearly impossible. And you survived!"
Loki looked at Tony. "Thank you, seriously, for everything that you've done for me. I'd probably be dead by now if it wasn't for you."
"I'm honestly thanking myself for it too. If I didn't, I wouldn't have found you."

Tony leaned in closer to Loki and softly kissed his lips. Loki weakly joined in, closing his eyes.

Tony slowly ended it, resting his head on Loki's.
Loki weakly grabbed Tony's shoulders and hugged him. Loki's voice was Shakey as he wispered, "I love you."

Tony closed his eyes.

"I love you too."