28 - Sokovia

"do you see the beauty of it? The inevitably? You rise, only to fall. You, Avengers, you are my meteor. My Swift and terrible sword. The Earth will crack with the weight of your failure. Purge me from your computers, turn my own flesh against me. It means nothing. When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."

"The vibranium core's got a magnetic feild. That's what's keeping the rock together."
"If it drops?"
"Right now, the impact would kill thousands. And once it gets high enough, global extinction."

A building was falling off the edge of the floating city. Tony flew into it, seeing a family hid in the corner.
"Hi."
He hesitated for a second.
"Okay, get in the tub."

Tony hauled the family to safety.
"Cap, you got incoming."
Steve grunted. "Incoming already came in. Stark, you worry about getting the city back down safely. The rest of us have one job. Tear these things apart. You get hurt, hurt em' back. You get killed, walk it off."

The hulk came hurtling into the city. He attacked a robot and ran foward.
They all continued fighting. A robot hurtled itself at Scarlet, who was saved at the last minute by Clint.
"Hey, hey hey, you okay?"
She mumbled to herself, "it's all our fault."
"Hey, look at me. It's your fault, it's everyone's fault, who cares. Are you up for this?"
She hesitated.
"Are you? Look, I seriously need to know cuz the city, it's flying. The city is flying, we're fighting an army of robots, and I have a bow and arrow. None of this makes sense. But I'm going back out there because it's my job. Okay? And I can't do my job and babysit. It doesn't matter what you did, or what you were. You go out there, you fight, and you fight to kill. Stay in here, you're good. I'll send your brother to come find you but if you walk out that door, you are an Avenger."
She staired at him hesitantly.
"Alright, I gotcha."
He stood up and started out if the building.

Steve grabbed a car at the edge of the city and pulled it up, a woman screaming inside if it. The back broke and she fell off the edge. Thor, who had been flying to the floating city (Ultron, how did you come up with this plan again?) grabbed the woman and threw her up to Steve, who caught her and brought her back up to the solid ground.
"You can't save them all."
Cap threw his sheild into the nearest robot and pulled it back, throwing the robot off the edge.
"You'll never-"
It fell out of sight.
"Never what? You didn't finish!"

Natasha had appeared and was fighting as many robots as possible.
Steve and Thor started demolishing robots together, and  Loki had been running around and defending people if they were attacked.
Thor threw a copy at a large truck of flammable gas. It exploded and eliminated about ten robots around it.

"Thor,"
Ultron flew at him, bringing him into the air.
"You're bothering me."