12. April

Another new character😏 and another one...

Hopefully this is long enough for you guys to make up all the days I missed<3

Auna:{D

*******************************************************

I stare down at the girl, my breath caught in my throat.

"W-What?" I croak, frozen.

"You'll catch on soon enough." She sighs, and suddenly un-cuffs herself in two seconds. She stands at her full height of about 5'5, and held out her hand to me.

"I'm April." She smiles, her warm brown eyes staring into mine. I slowly reach out and take her hand, she leads on the shaking and releases me after a minute. "What's your name?"

"Hazel," I say automatically. This girl didn't look like she was against me, and obviously she was a captive too.

Her smile grows, and she pulls a strand of hair away from her face.

"Hazel," April tests. "You have a very beautiful name."

"T-Thank you, you too."

She looks down at her crumpled dress and frowns, smoothing out the wrinkles even though it doesn't do very much.

"Sorry, I haven't got to do anything in a few days for myself." She looks back up at me, sadness clouding her eyes. "I was punished."

I wanted to ask her why, but we barely just met. I couldn't warm up to her that fast, I knew better. I needed to keep my distance until she was safe. I'd made that mistake with November, but he had saved me-- and truly loved me. That meant everything to me.

She breaks me away from my memories as she continues to speak. "Do you mind if I... Go up and shower?"

I look down at her legs, which were coated in dirt and what looked like... Blood. Swallowing the lump in my throat, I look back up into her brown eyes.

"Sure." It comes out in a whisper.

"Thank you." She leaps over to a little box in the corner of the room and pulls out another dress, this one floral. It reminded me of the one Grace bought me, and my heart squeezed painfully in my chest.

"Let's go up." April says, and starts bolting up the stairs. I walk up slowly, my mind still rolling through the events that just happened. Who was this girl, and why does Harrison have her?

Sudden cramps in my abdomen made me pause near the top of the stairs, where April was waiting patiently. I hunched over a little to ease the pain, and rubbed the area with a hiss.

"Is everything okay?" April calls from the top. I look up at her and give her an okay sign before leaning back up and walking the rest of the way.

That was strange, I didn't have an injury there or anything. Maybe my stomach was just hurting from starvation.

The events previous though were also strange, the incident in Grace's car...

"I'll be in here." April says, making me jolt out of my thinking. I watch as she enters the room on the left of the wardrobe and disappears as she closes it. Looking down at me feet, I take the time to pray that November remains safe. Harrison was likely to do something to me or him, especially me though, after everything that has happened.

I just hope that day isn't soon.

Padding over to the wardrobe next to the hidden door, I trace my fingers over the wooden carvings engraved into the sides. It created an integrate design that swirled up to the top of the dresser and to the bottom of the floor. Moving my hand over to the dark sterling handle, I pull open the dresser to find bunches of different types of dresses folded neatly in piles, like April's.