11. Shiver

Sorry for the late chapter. SOO BUSY AND FRIGGIN WATTPAD WAS ALL SCREWED UP FROM A PREVIOUS UPDATE.

Also... Two more months until a special on November TO CELEBRATE HAPPY NOVEMBER MONTH!!!😎 I'll be looking forward to your attendance!😏

***********************************************

Sweat coated my neck as I worked the cuffs slowly off my hands. It was a very uncomfortable feeling against the bones in my hands, but I needed to get out of these. November was obviously somewhere out there or in this house, and I had to find him.

It's a lot harder to get the cuffs off when both your hands are in one.

"Dammit." I mutter under my breath as my hand slips from sweat and pulls itself back in the cuff. Praying for more strength, I hiss as I pull on it harder. My bones were protesting against the strain of the metal, but I had to fight it.

After a minute of severe pain, I managed to get one off. My hand was shaking and scrapes coated my wrist, leaving blood to paint my skin. I brought the hand to my chest and cried out in pain. It hurt like hell. I still had one left though, and I needed to get it out. I couldn't stop here.

Looking over at the bedside table, I eyed one of the drawers. I think I could reach now that I was partially free. Muscles protesting, I reach over and pry at the knob on the front. Barely reaching it, I manage to pry it open and immediately see a metal flashlight.

"Thank god." Pulling it out, I start to pound the edge of my cuff into the side of the flashlight. Dents coated both metal objects by the time I started to give up. I didn't know if I could pry it off after what happened to my other hand. It was hard enough moving it at the moment.

I needed to get to November though. That was all that mattered at the moment, not a silly injury. Gaining a little bit of strength, I start punching it into the flashlight again. After a few minutes it finally started to break.

"Yes!" I sigh, finishing the last layer of metal. It finally breaks and I take no second to bolt up off the bed and rush to the door. Flashlight in hand, I carefully start to try the doorknob.

It was locked.

"Shit." I whisper. What would I expect? For it to just magically be unlocked? I put my hands on the back of my head and walked back to the bedside table. Inside the second drawer was just a small book with dust coating the spine and cover. No use in that.

Turning back around, the sound of a click made me spring back into the bed as my heart raced in my chest.

The woman came into view, her mascara running down her face as if she had been crying. Her blue eyes scanned over my face and I continued to stare at her with my hands placed behind my back. She walked in slowly, and I felt my heart leap in my chest as another blonde-haired person followed behind her.

"You only get a few minutes." She tells November, who was staring at the ground with his wrists bound behind his back. His shirt and pants were bunched up and ripped as if he had been in a fight or something. I get the urge to run up to him and ingulf him in a hug, but I didn't want to be caught.

As she unbinds him, he looks up in my direction. "November." I call, my voice cracking.

His eyes immediately widen and he stares into my eyes. "Hazel?"

"Yes, I'm here." I whisper, tears clouding my vision.

The woman gently pushes November forward and murmurs something to him I couldn't place before exiting and locking the door behind her. I instantly race up and take November in my arms.