8

eunseo pov

i threw my hat as high as i could. i looked up despite the sun hurting my eyes. it was like everything was in slow motion. everyone was happy. i looked straight ahead of me after catching my toga hat.

it was doyoung. we stared at each other for a while. i don't know if i should say hi. i smiled at him. he smiled back. i didn't know he had such a gummy smile. how cute. he was about to walk towards me but someone pulled him away. i looked down in disappointment. i guess the universe really doesn't want us to meet.

jaehyun pulled my arm. we were in a group hug.

"yah!where's dons?" yuta asked.

"i can't find him either." jaehyun said.

"there!" taeyong pointed at doyoung who was talking to a girl. i felt a little tug at my heart.

we all separated and went to our respective families.

my parents hugged me, meanwhile my big brother taeil just patted my back. we were never the affectionate type. i saw doyoung at the corner of my eye while we were taking pictures. he was with his mom and sister.

"let's go everyone's waiting at home." my dad said while i was busy staring at doyoung.

my parents arranged a party for me. i'm not in the mood but it's always been a tradition in our family so i decided not to burst their bubble. we got in the car. as my dad was driving away i could see doyoung walking around. he seemed to be looking for someone. might be that girl.

i guess i'll never get to talk to you, doyoung. 

good bye.

doyoung pov

everyone threw their hats. i was about to throw mine until i saw eunseo infront of me. i've never seen her this happy. that smile of hers is enough to cause a traffic jam.

when she caught her toga hat she saw me staring at her about 7 feet away. she stared at me for a while then i grinned. i couldn't help it, it's like i'm drawn to her.

just as i was about to walk towards her someone pulled my arm. it was yejin. aish this girl.

she cupped my cheek. looks like she was about to give me a kiss. well that ain't happening sis.

"yejin-ah" i said when she was leaning in.

she opened her eyes and looked pissed. "wae?"

"i've told you, about 5 times already, yes i counted, that i don't see you as anything more than a friend." i told her coldly. i've had enough of this. she's been annoying me for a few months now. i've rejected her every time and i was always nice to her because i respect her as a woman but this is getting out of hand. i have no choice but to act cold towards her now.

"then why are you being nice to me all this time?" she seemed even more pissed now.

"yejin-ah, a nice person is always nice until you cross the line. i've always been honest and clear that i don't want a relationship but you just weren't respectful of it. please don't confuse my kindness with flirtation, and don't accuse me of leading you on." i told her bluntly.

she looked like she was about to cry. a friend of hers pulled her away. i never heard anything from her since then.

everyone was with their families now. i can't seem to find eunseo. i feel like if i don't talk to her now i'll never get to talk to her.

eunseo where are you?

i saw a car pass by. i wasn't sure but i think it was eunseo staring out the window.

i felt a wave of regret rush through my body. i had so much time to talk to her but i never did. goodbye eunseo, i hope we'll be able to see each other again.