Chapter 7

As I walked back home, I couldn't but think what my dad was going to do next me and was it safe for me to date Zack. I mean my dad attacked me with my friends over. Now what else would he do now. I mean he hits me everyday and now that had slept with me would he keep sexually abusing me? I can't keep thinking of all the negative thoughts that are happening to me. I just can't help it those,but my destiny awaits me as i'm in front of my dark house. As I walk through the door I hear they screaming at each other. Verbal assaulting each other. As I close the door behind me. My mom looks over at me and turns back to my dad and continues yelling at him. Instead of my dad yelling back he told her, your right I am a horrible person and I can't keep doing this to our family. Especially if I want to have a life with you and our beautiful daughter. My mom was as stunned as I was. He walked over to me and pulled me in for a hug and sincerely apologize. I dropped my jaw and pushed him away from me. My mom yelled at me for pushing him away. She sent me to my room. As I was walking up the stairs I heard my mom ask him if he was telling the truth for once. He quickly responded, of course I am. I almost ruined our family and I know I need to change. I shut the door behind and I heard my mom laughing for the first time in years. I didn't know what to think, was he lying to mom again, or was he actually serious about changing. Even if he was going to change I still hated him. He made me feel like I was alone in the world, no one would ever care about me, and I always hated myself for letting him tare me down. So even if he does change he'll never be my father. As the hours went by I layed in my bed wondering if he would come in tonight. I fell asleep and woke up by the sound of my mom leaving. My dad walked into the door and told me I should be getting ready for school. I still thought I was dreaming till I pinched myself to wake up, but never did because I already was. As I got out of my bed, got changed ,and went down stairs for an apple, and before walking to school my dad walked over to me and hugged me wishing me a good day at school. Then he gently kissed me on the lips as if I was three years old again. I turned my head and almost walked out the door before he pulled me back inside. He started yelling at me saying, I'm trying to change here and it would help a little if you would show that you care! The sad thing is I didn't care if he was telling the truth or if he would have died. The moment he started hurting me every night was the day he become less of a person to me. I turned back to him and said, I could care less at this point you already put me through hell, and you'll never be the same dad to me. He quickly slapped me across the face and pushed me out the door saying, get to school you ungrateful daughter of mine.