Chapter 25

"GET BACK HERE, I'M NOT DONE TALKING TO YOU!" Kaleb shouted as Tanya walked away from her fiancé in a rage.

Tanya stopped her stampede and did a full 360 facing Kaleb with her eyebrows knitted together, and her lips pursed as she tightly squeezed her hands into fists. "I DON'T WANT TO GO THERE FOR OUR WEDDING! I can't believe you actually agreed to allow them to host it! I don't trust them. None of them-"

"Not even my father?" He asked with narrow eyes.

"No, not even him. None of them...if your father were accepting of us, don't you think he'd been kept in contact with you? He was obsessed with being accepted back into the arms of his brother, he's not focused on you, he's living his life fat and happy. Oliver is up to something, I know it. Just trust me on this."

"Tanya how could you say such a thing. He's trying to make amends with us, they are my family. I love you, but if we're going to be together, we're going to have to look past the history you had with Oliver and move on, there's nothing left between the two of you. Get. Over. It," He said sternly.

"Get over it? I'm sorry that the man is the father of my children. He was trying to take us away from you not even a month ago, and you've already forgiven him." Tanya shook her head. "You know what, I don't think it's a good idea for us to be getting married. We've been arguing over this topic for the past month, I've gotten my aunt and uncle to come, I'm going to send out the cancellation notices."

"What are you saying? A-are you s-saying we shouldn't be together?" He asked brokenly.

"If that's the way you want to put it...yes." She nodded. "This isn't..."

"You don't love me...do you?" He asked as he sat down on the sofa staring ahead blankly.

"I do love you. You're the best thing that's happened to me and my children, you accept them as your own, and it makes me beyond happy-you make me happy, but I can't go to England... I don't trust this," She pleaded as she sat on the coffee table in front of him.

"I just wanted to be around my family when I got married. I've never been in love before. I've always been the playboy. But then you came along..." He brought his hand up to her cheek and smiled as she leaned into his touch. "You changed me the moment I laid eyes on you in that market. I'm so deeply in love with you, it literally hurts. I just-"

"Alright." Tanya said removing his hand from her face and holding onto it, looking down at their intertwined fingers. "If it means that much to you, I'll grin and bear it."

"Sweetheart you don't have to do that. If it makes you uncomfortable-" He tried to reassure.

Tanya waved a hand dismissing his comment. "No it's fine. Let's get married in England. Everything is set, the only people I have to bring with me are my aunt and uncle, so it shouldn't be too much of a hassle, I want to do this for you, you've given up your citizenship to your native country for me, this is the least I can do. I love you." She smiled at him sincerely.

Kaleb smiled and leaned in and kissed her.

Tanya wasn't truly ecstatic about going back to the U.K, she had a sickening knot in her stomach that told her not to trust this...to just take her two children and run, but the man in front of her was teaching her that she could learn to accept that someone wasn't going to lock her up in the middle of nowhere and come back whenever they could get away from their double life. Kaleb was the one she felt she could trust and hold on to, after all he'd been there for her from the start of the whole Natalia situation with his cousin Gina, who she couldn't wait to see.

One more month, till the horrific day...then it'll be the start to her so called happy ending.

Grin and bear it.