Chapter 8

"So,, you're really thinking about going back to the states?" Gina asked Tanya for reassurance.

The two women sat alone as Chloe was too exhausted from daycare to stay up until 19:00 (7 pm U.S time).

"I've been thinking about it you know? I was just thinking, it's been a month now, and I haven't heard a word from Cedric, and I went by our old house, and...he hasn't been there at all, the letter I wrote is untouched, and everything's still in place, even his clothes. Either he's not coming back and is avoiding me, or something's going on that isn't right." Tanya said.

"Well, if you do leave for the U.S, you're going to need him to sign over his rights, or let him sign the permission slip for her to leave the country, considering Chloe is still practically a baby." Gina said.

"FUCK!" Tanya exclaimed leaning on her knees with her elbows burying her head into her hands frustrated. "I didn't think about that... I need to call him. SHIT!"

Tanya rose from her seat on the sofa, and took her cellphone to a quiet place to make her first call to her ex-fiancée. She went into one of the half baths downstairs, and dialed his number. She needed to know what was going on with Cedric, she was definitely leading towards leaving to go back to the U.S, but the one place she wasn't going to go to was Minnesota.

The phone rang, and rang, and Tanya was growing impatient, well that was up until someone answered the phone...who definitely wasn't her once fiancée.

"Hello?" A woman's British accent answered.

Tanya's heart collapsed.

"Hello?" The woman said again after a long period of silence.

"Darling, who are you talking to?" She heard Cedric's voice in the background.

"I don't know love, your phone was ringing and-"

The line cut off, and Tanya was furious, she had a feeling that he was cheating on her, and she was going to assume that the woman who answered was the same woman who texted him the morning Cedric was packing to leave for a "late notice business trip", Tanya gripped her phone so hard the screen cracked, and little trickles of blood began to fall onto the spotless white tiles of the bathroom.

He cheated on her the entire time, he wondered if he had children with this woman, if he made the exact same promises to his mistress that he did to her. Was Tanya the mistress? Was he married the entire time? He played her for a fool, and then when he got caught he had the audacity to lie about it!

Tears began to fall from her tear ducts involuntarily, and it wasn't even from betrayal, it was from wrath, and hate. To say she was even pissed would truly be an understatement.

She heard a knock from the outside of the door, and ignored it. That was the exact moment her cellphone vibrated into her bloody hand, and she looked down and saw Cedric's name. Her breathing hitched, and she dragged a finger across the broken glass of the screen to answer it, she was definitely getting her questions answered.

"Who is she?" Tanya said trying to calm herself. She felt Cedric didn't even deserve a greeting; he didn't even deserve to be with her, nor around her daughter.

"Why haven't you been answering my calls, or responding to my messages?" He said lowly not answering her question, which made Tanya pop.

"ANSWER MY FUCKING QUESTION, CEDRIC!" Tanya shouted.

The line was quiet, but his sigh reassured her that he was still on the line.

"Answer.the.fucking.question." Tanya demanded slowly. "Is she your mistress? Is that Natalia?"