Chapter 19

"I'm so sorry your majesty for your loss." President Barrack Obama said to Thomas as the funeral of Oliver took place.

It had been 3 weeks since Oliver's death, and after the ceremony, the royal family had greeted the guests thanking them for attending. It wasn't exactly traditional to greet everyone who attended the reception but Celeste requested it. So they did it.

"Thank you Mr. President." Thomas said mournfully.

Thomas watched as the American President and his family walked out of the St. Paul Cathedral. The king didn't want this, his son wasn't supposed to die in that plane crash. But he did, and the evidence was in the coffin covered in royal garment.

~*~

After the funeral Thomas and Celeste were in their bedrooms removing their cloak from the services and burial of their son.

"I know you did this Thomas." Celest accused as she sat on the vanity in their bedroom facing away from him.

"What are you blabbering about?" Thomas demanded.

"You were going to have our grandchild and her pregnant mother murdered in that plane. You were the only one who ordered for there to be a plane awaiting that young woman after you forced her to abort our grandchild." She said simply and unemotionally. "This is your doing. And now look what you've done. You've gone and gotten our son murdered."

Thomas felt his anger rise. He shot up off the large California king bed and stormed over to his wife yanking her up by her neck and swirling her around to face her. Celeste's eye's didn't even show emotion nor fear to motion.

"Listen here Celeste... I will not tolerate you talking back to me. Your my wife, you serve me. How many times must you go against me? I don't want to hurt you again, but I will if you keep pushing my damn buttons." He hissed at her.

Celeste looked at him with a bored expression. "Do it then." She said simply. "I'm sick of you trying to dictate me like I'm a slave or some peasant.... I'd rather you kill me so I can be with my son, he and Penelope are the only reasons why I put up with your tyrant behavior. If it weren't for them, I would've left you the moment you first laid your hands on me, regardless of what my parents said all those years ago. I hate you...I've always hated you, but I love my children, and now that one is gone because of your actions... I'd rather you kill me here and now before I kill you for what you've done." She said somberly.

Thomas looked down at his wife with wide eyes. He couldn't speak so he chose not to.

"Did you know I was pregnant once before?" Celeste laughed humorlessly. "The day you were pronounced king. I was going to tell you at your reception, but...then you had the ordasity...to-to shove me face first into the mirror of our bedroom then you kicked me in the stomach while I was down, then had the nerve to spit in my face, all because you believed me to be flirting with Robert. That's the main reason you exiled him no? Because you were too much of an arsehole to even ask questions and get proper answers. That was the first baby I lost, now I've lost two and they were both your fault." She said in the same stoic tone. "Get off me." She said shoving him off and continuing with her undressing as she sat back down at the vanity chair. "I suggest you sleep somewhere away from me, or else I'll do something I'll highly regret."

Thomas stared at the back of his wife as she took her hair down from her updo and brushed it through. His wife was on the verge of snapping, and he knew he'd be on the other end of her wrath when she exploded.

"Mum...dad?" Penelope knocked at their bedroom door. She opened it and her mother saw her drenched face with tears. "Can I sleep in here tonight?" She asked as she approached them.

"Aw sugar oats, of course you can sleep in here with me. Your father was just on his way to sleeping in the spare." She said as she engulfed her daughter kissing her head then glaring at her husband while Penelope laid her head on her chest.

Oh yeah... he was definitely done for.

~*~

"Tanya you know we can't go back to the U.K, we're fugitives. If Thomas finds you roaming about he'll definitely have your head on his plate. Just wait till you give birth, then he won't have a choice but to allow you to keep your baby because it'll already be born," Kaleb tried to reason with Tanya.

Tanya slumped down onto the floor angrily. She was stressing herself too much and she knew it, but she was trying to go back to Walleria to visit Oliver's grave, since she knew going to the funeral was forbidden. She'd been heartbroken for the past few weeks, hardly eating, hardly sleeping, and Chloe was beginning to get scared for her mother each and every day.

Kaleb had moved them to an estate in Nebraska where they could have their privacy. They'd been living like a small family, except with Tanya laid in bed all day bawling her eyes out and Kaleb handling everything from enrolling Chloe into school, and making sure everything in their new home was situated. The two of course shared separate rooms, and Tanya demanded that Chloe never find out about her father. Even though she knew eventually she'd find out.

"I want to see him, Kaleb." She said staring blankly ahead.

"You need to eat, it's almost midnight and you haven't eaten a thing since breakfast. I know you're famished." He said sternly as he kneeled in front of her. He put the forkful of Olive Garden take out to her lips and she numbly opened and chewed. "Please love... swallow." He begged her as she continued to chew endlessly on the little portion of meal.

Tanya reluctantly swallowed and a tear shed from her eye for the thousandth time that day. She wanted desperately to go to Oliver's funeral, even though it was televised from the outside of the cathedral and see was envious of all the other people who were there arriving and leaving. She'd been numb and emotional since she found out he was dead.

"Thank you Kaleb." She muttered briefly looking up at him.

"For what?" He asked.

"For being there for me." She said smiling weakly.

"Of course." He said.

Tanya stared up at him and she felt something she knew at that moment was inappropriate to be feeling. Without being able to stop herself she lunged for him, her lips fiercely attacking his. She could taste the bitter wine taste on his lips but she didn't care. Kaleb tried to control himself but he couldn't his attraction to Tanya was too severe.

Kaleb dropped the plate of food to the wooden bedroom floor and wrapped his arms around her waist. He tried to pry her off of him but she just pressed herself onto him more. She wanted this, she needed this.

"Tanya...stop." Kaleb said against her lips. He finally pulled her at bay. "You need to stop, you're grieving you don't need to be doing this. Not now. Please, don't do this. I'm begging you." He pleaded.

"Don't you want me Kaleb?" She asked sadly. "I want this, I know you do too. Don't fight it, just go with it. I want you I want you so bad right now. Please?" She begged kissing him all over his soft spots.

She continued, and began to unbutton his shirt trailing kisses up and down his neck and then nibbling his earlobe. He fought for as long as he could to keep her at bay, but get her mind off of Oliver she wanted Kaleb to have his way with her to have her way with him, and that's exactly what she did, even if it was in the heat of the moment. She got what she wanted. Him.