Chapter 18

"...And we're here awaiting the prince to give his side to the inquiry of his American mistress and supposed child." The reporter said into the camera as she stood outside the Buckingham palace where a podium stood and other media frenzies and a crowd of citizens stood waiting for the prince to come out and address them.

After another 15 minutes Oliver's publicist Miranda walked out of the grand doors to the palace and stood at the podium. The reporters grew quiet and there was nothing sounding except camera flashes, and the swift wind of the autumn weather.

She took a deep breath and looked out into the formed crowd. "As you all know, Prince Oliver was to make his speech about the rumors of an affair and there is said to be a child involved..." she paused and looked down at the speech that her, king Thomas, Oliver, and Constantine had taken the little 2 hour time to prepare. She turned it over and decided to wing it the way she thought would save the prince's reputation, and that was going against all that he had told her he wanted to do. "...The rumors are false. The photos have been photo-shopped and the TPR paperwork was a fake. There is no royal mistress and there is nothing to be said. Prince Oliver and his wife are too thoroughly faithful loyal and very much in love to have infidelity in their marriage." She continued. "Whatever rumor and unnecessary rubbish you've heard or seen in the media is nonsense, thank you." She concluded taking the papers off the podium and making her way back to the entrance and through the castle doors.

"WAIT MA'AM WHY ISN'T PRINCE OLIVER MAKING THIS GRAND ANNOUNCEMENT." A loud voice over all the others shouted as she made her first step onto the shiny glass marble floors of the palace. She paused and let out a scoff.

As if she didn't know Oliver was on his way to find the whore.

~*~

"Kaleb... I want French fries and ice-cream." Tanya said as they sat in the back of the cab coming from the airport in Lincoln Nebraska.

"Me woo me woo!" Chloe's little voice shouted joyfully as she clasped her little hands together.

Kaleb twisted his lips in mock thought. The two females stared at him with their puppy dog faces. He tried to hold out as best as he could but he couldn't resist.

"Ugh! Fine." He said turning his head away from them in playful exasperation. "But let's get settled into the hotel before we do anything else, then I'll take you for your cream and chips. Deal?" He said to them. They both smiled at him as they all arrived to the front of the grand entrance to the Holiday Inn. Just the sight of the moniker was bringing back unwanted memories of when she met "Cedric" the multiple times they had spent together, engulfed in each other's presence as they stayed in Tanya's hotel room for multiple hours at a time, even some so long he had to stay over for the night but when Tanya would awaken he'd be gone the next morning leaving Tanya feeling empty and alone.

She didn't even know a tear fell rolling down her eye till her daughter grasped her face in her tiny hands as she sat on her lap.

"Mommeee...don't cwy... rwe're gwtting ice cweme." She cooed to her mother. Tanya let out a hearty laugh to her daughter then took her infant hands in hers.

"Mommy loves you munchkin." She told her kissing her all over her face.

"Cwoe wuvs mummeee!" Chloe said grasping Tanya's neck and hugging her. The two didn't even realize Kaleb was standing leaning in the car waiting for them to exit as he watched the scene of mother and daughter, and he wanted nothing more than a family of his own... maybe one day Tanya and Chloe will allow him to be part of their family, he'd prefer that more than trying to find a wife that didn't live up to Tanya's place.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Tanya apologized as she unbuckled her seat belt and climbed out with Chloe. Kaleb just smiled at her and escorted the two inside.