Chapter 7

"Thank you for shopping at De Brún Grocers." Tanya said with a bright smile to the 47th customer today, she watched as the elderly couple pushes their cart out of the store.

It's been 4 days now since she's spoken to Cedric, she ignored every single one of his texts, and calls and she was surprised when she woke up this morning with no new messages from him. She figured that he had given up, and was going to just wait it off, but every morning when she woke up and seen her bruised face in the mirror before she covered it with make-up she hated him a little in her heart.

She and Chloe had been living with Gina in spare bedrooms, but then she decided it was time to go back to her house and pack up everything of her and her daughters...which she did. She left Cedric a long heartfelt letter, and put it all behind her.

She had recently received position of cashier at the market in town, and was satisfied to be doing something, besides staying home, and playing housewife and sex slave to Cedric when he was home. She still had money from her parent's life insurance, but she wanted to do something productive and pay half of the bills considering being roommates with her best friend. Gina canceled her trip, and stayed home, working night shifts at her job, and Tanya was working day shifts at the market. Tanya thought it'd be perfect to enroll her daughter into school, so she did the day after she left Cedric. Chloe needed to be out with children her age, and being homeschooled would probably end up with her being a hermit, and being over sheltered from the world.

Tanya was about to close her register for the night, to get home, when someone put 2 chocolate bars, a jug of chocolate milk, a tub of chocolate ice cream, and chocolate syrup on her counter. She stared at the items, and laughed.

"You looove chocolate, huh?" She said ringing up the items, not glancing up at the customer.

"Yeah, I do, sweetheart." She heard a familiar voice.

She looked up and was met with the bright eyes of Kaleb. He smirked at her, licking his lips, which made Tanya's face cramp from trying to conceal her flushed smile.

"Kaleb, I haven't seen you-or well heard you slamming any doors since a few days ago." She said to him.

He chuckled, as she finished ringing him up. "Yeah, I had something I needed to take care of," he said.

She nodded her head. "Your total is 9 euros, and 30 cents." She smiled to him. He reached for his wallet and handed her the money.

"You learned the ways of euros pretty well." He complimented, as she retrieved his change after bagging his groceries.

"Yeah, well I have been living here for a few years, and my fiancée-well ex-fiancée taught me a lot...sooo" She trailed off handing him his money and receipt.

"His loss, you deserve better. Are you heading to Gina's tonight?" He asked.

"Well yeah, we live together thumbnut. You would've known that if you'd been home." She teased, closing up the register, and exiting from behind the counter.

"Well, I'll be there tonight, but just for the night, I have an event I need to attend to tomorrow evening." He said.

"Alright, well I'll see you at home." She said before walking off to clock out. "Oh, and thank you for shopping at De Brún Grocers." She smiled then winked at him before continuing off.

He smiled at her, and began to walk out of the market, but not before covering up a tabloid magazine with Prince Oliver and his wife on the cover on her register line, by turning the stack around so Tanya wouldn't see it. He walked out, and made his way back to the house his father forced him to stay until the family event was over and he'd made amends with his brother, allowing them back into the good graces of royalty, but little did his father know...he was planning on crashing the event.