Chapter 11

"So Tanya how long have you been in Dublin? You don't exactly sound like a native, nor do you look like one." Natalia saI'd laughing, which caused a few scattered laughs around the table, just the sound of her voice made Tanya's hair stand on end, she resisted the urge to scowl at her.

The royal family had retreated away outside for a private intimate meal away from the crowd. It was secluded by guards, and the night sky shown above revealing the full moon, and a few stars above. The air was crisp and warm, with a small breeze every now and again, but it was dark as they sat on the patio near the large garden, and the sounds of the water fountain was distant and faint.

She gave her the phoniest smile she could muster up. "I've been in Dublin with my ex-fiancée for a over 3 years now." She said putting down her fork. "Turns out he was married the entire time we were together and... just when I was thinking about leaving the country to go back to the U.S... Kaleb proposed to me." She smiled looking at him. "He convinced me to stay with my daughter Chloe. I can honestly say Kaleb here has been more faithful, and dedicated to my daughter and I than Cedric, has ever been." She finished looking dead in the eyes of Oliver.

"Ah yes." The queen perked up. "Kaleb has told us all about your misfortunes of your previous love. I deeply apologize for what you've had to endure." She said sincerely.

"Thank you, your highness." Tanya smiled.

After another half an hour the table had finished their meal, and made their way back inside to join the party.

"Would you care to dance?" Kaleb said as they made it to the edge of the floor watching the couples sway and twirl so professionally, and elegantly.

Tanya looked at him, and shook her head no.

"Oh come one." He said handing his hand out to her. "Surely he has taught you how to waltz." He whispered in her ear.

Her breath hitched, and her eyes met Oliver's deep ones as he stared at them from the opposite of the dance floor standing beside his wife. She scowled at him, and turned to Kaleb, and smiled.

She took his hand, and they both joined the marathon dancing together. As soon as it started to get deep, all the memories she shared with her fiancée came back to her. Whether he was a prince or just a regular man, she still loved him, even after all the lies, and betrayal, she still felt that pain in her chest whenever he was close for a long period of time, and he just vanished leaving that same pain of vacancy and abandonment.

Tanya didn't even realize she had shed a tear until Kaleb released his hold on her waist to reach up and wipe it away.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing." She lied smoothly.

He looked down at her, and they stopped dancing. He stared at her, slowly moving his head to hers, his eyes flickering to her eyes, and down to her lips. His lips hovered over hers, the two were definitely closed to their lips finally touching when Oliver had made himself known standing by them and cleared his throat. She sucked in a surprised breath, as the closeness of him made her stomach flip even more from Kaleb.

"May I intrude?" He asked staring at Tanya.

"No." Kaleb said. "Go away, you don't want to cause a scene."

"It's okay Kaleb." Tanya smiled at Kaleb. He leaned down to her, and pressed his lips to hers softly. The two shared a passionate kiss for a while, which made Oliver pissed. Kaleb finally pulled away from her, and smiled when he saw her breathless, and in a daze.

"I'll be over with my father, I'll come find you." He whispered against her lips, before walking off. Tanya stared at his retreating back then when he disappeared Oliver cleared his throat again.