XXI

chapter 21 (finale)

IT TAKES Serenity a long time to forgive. she's not a forgive full type of person. if you did something that made her upset to where she doesn't want to see you, it's not easy to get her back.

the past week has been so bad for her, even her luck was horrible. she had gotten a flat tire on the highway yesterday and got pulled over for having an expired licenses plate. Jade has been with her everyday, even if it's only for a couple of minutes. Serenity did really appreciate her best friend. she's the only thing that's actually keeping Serenity from laying in her bed all day and doing whatever she pleases.

there had been so many calls and texts, too many. so once Serenity was feeling at her lowest on the Saturday evening and got a text from the same guy that broke her heart, she actually responded.

she couldn't get enough of him. as much as he may have hurt her, she can't help but think of him twenty four-seven. he used her, for money. it pains her to know that she was all just a bet. she just couldn't help but wish he was alone... with her...

she was on her way to David's house. the stereotypical blonde in herself coming out in this very moment. she thought that maybe, just maybe he actually had something good to say and Serenity wouldn't have to swallow in a world of sorrowful. as she made it to the highly expensive house, she felt nervous she her hands turned clammy, scared of what was coming towards her.

she nodded her head as David let her inside his house. "so, what'd you have to tell me." she asked as she leaned against the glass circle table, just like how she was the night of the confession to the bet.

"i would like to explain myself." she nodded at his response, letting him free to say whatever he needs to say. "i first would like to say that i'm sorry. like from the bottom of my heart i can't express to you how much i regret what i did to you. i know it hurt you and i didn't plan for it to go that way."

she nodded, a sign to let him continue. "also when i say that i had fallen for you. i mean it. with every thing in my body. ever since i first kissed you, there was nothing else that mattered in the world besides you. i knew i had already started catching feelings, and it had broken my heart knowing that i was just going to hurt you in the end."

"so why'd you go through with it then?" Serenity interrupted.

"i honestly have no clue. i guess i just wanted to prove a point. apparently i'm a virgin boy and they hold it against me. they saw me looking at you at that party and made a bet with me. i wasn't even thinking."  Serenity laughed about the virgin boy joke which made David smile.

"you can leave right now if you want. i know i hurt you and i would understand if you hate me. i just had to let you know."

Serenity moved toward David, her lower lip tucked between her teeth. she wrapped her arms around his waist, loving the feeling of his embrace that she hasn't felt in a while.

"i'm not a forgiving person, but you're lucky i'm a hostage for your love."

-