VIII

chapter eight

IT HAD been yet another week of David and Serenity hanging out. Jade was currently in between Serenity's legs on the couch with her head pressed against the other girls chest. Serenity was running her fingers through her hair as she watched the television in the dark room. blue and red lights flashed back and fourth on the screen as a police car was shown.

"who's that," Jade asked as she looked towards the flash of light on the phone screen that was next to Serenity's thighs.

"David," Serenity replied as she grabbed her phone and stopped running her fingers through Jade's hair. it was just a stupid message that could wait to be replied later.

"speaking of David, i have a question."

"shoot."

"do you like him or have some type of thing with him?" Jade asked as she turned her head up to look at her best friend.

Serenity just chuckled at the girl and looked down at her. "there is nothing between David and i. just friends, plus the only thing we've done together is talk and pull shit on other people." she looked back at the tv and continued to comb Jade's hair. "why do you ask anyways?"

Jade thought for a moment before answering, "i don't know, it's like a beginning of a relationship. you guys see each other a couple of times a week and soon enough, you'll basically be living there. i want you to be happy, plus i ship it so hard. like, if you and David had separate boats i would make you crash into his." she cooed and shook her hands in excitement.

Serenity chuckled loudly, lightly pushing Jade's shoulder. they continued watching the movie. as time went on, Serenity started thinking. maybe she did like David. maybe she had been growing quite fond of the vlogger. possibly there was something between David and Serenity.

maybe...

she did catch herself staring at him sometimes. looking at the way he laughs, his tongue always in between his teeth when he smiles. even with the slightest physical contact he gives to her, she's swooning in seconds. she hates to admit it, but she is catching feelings. rather quickly. she knows that due to his fame, there's not a big chance that the feelings were mutual. and that's why she hates the feelings she has for him. she doesn't want to fall in love. she doesn't want to be broken.

-