I

chapter one

THE MORNING sunshine made itself known as it shun its bright rays through Serenity's curtains and onto her face. she groaned as she stuffed her face deeper into her white fluffy comforter. her eyes fluttered open and was met with the white blank ceiling. she put her hands over both her eyes, her palms coming in contact with her eyelids as they moved in a circular motion to keep her eyes open for the time being.

she moved to where she was in a sitting position on the edge of her bed. then grabbed her shorts that were lying on the floor and put them on. she had always found sleeping in just her underwear and a baggy shirt was more comfortable while in rest then to have her waist and thighs being constricted by the tight shorts.

soon enough, she was up and collecting everything for her shower. she had a clean folded towel, clean undergarments, distressed blue mom/boyfriend jeans, a cheap belt that she got at target, and an off the shoulder frill trim pleated top that was all toppled on each other in one arm. in the other hand she held her phone and stereo.

"every time i look into your eyes i see it, you're all i need." Serenity sang the lyrics to Daniel Caesars song "Get You" featuring Kali Uchis. people always said she was amazing at singing while she was in doubt of that statement. Serenity found singing fun and a lovely way to express your feelings. the girl just didn't find it as a passion. she said it was a little 'late' to start a singing career due to her age of twenty-one.

incoming message from: jade <3
you best believe i'm on my way, we gunna party *image attachment*

Serenity read that message as she was tying the laces to her vans while glancing at her phone. a smile tugged at her lips as she read over the message one more time, excited to see her best friend.

she had noticed how happy she was now that she had left Florida. Serenity was certain that Florida was a beautiful place, from the color of green to the beaches she'll never forget being at. it's as if she had a sudden epiphany. she couldn't live there anymore due to the sudden loss of her younger sister that ended her life due to suicide. when you're close to someone and their life has been taken away from them, you can't help but blame yourself a little. Serenity felt that she could've helped the situation if she had figured out sooner that her little sister had been dealing with major depressive disorder. it's a really intense type of depression and somehow no one knew that Angelica, Serenity's sister, had been dealing with that.

Serenity needed a change in living, with the loss of her sister, she felt as if it would probably be best to start living on her own and gathering her life together.

. . .
Serenity's introduction!