XVIII

chapter eighteen

Serenity was laying with her back against the aesthetically pleasing wall of David's that was behind his bed. she was a hot mess, hair somewhat all over the place and beet red. "did i do something," she asked as she placed her hands between her legs.

"no, you did nothing. i did something and i regret it so much. i can't do this to you." David said, looking down at his lap as she sat at the edge of the bed.

Serenity was immediately confused and worried. "what'd you do?" she asked as she sat up straighter, intrigued with the situation.

"i fucked up. i'm sorry, you were a bet." he whispered the last part, hurting himself as he said it.

"what do you mean i was a bet?" she was hinting as to what he was saying making her voice raise slightly. "David, answer me."

David sighed and placed his head in his hands. "that night i met you at the party i was in a bet to get with you by a month, and today is a month since i met you. i promise that after we really got to know each other, i was actually falling for you. please don't be mad..."

"don't be mad? are you kidding me, David? no shit i'm gonna be mad. this was all fake, did you set up that drunk guy to spill his shit on me? god damn, and for a second i thought this was real. that you out of all people liked me. god, i must be a fucking idiot." she was yelling by now, beating herself up at the end.

"no, i swear to god. once you came outside that night it was simply just a coincidence. i like you, Serenity. can't you just believe that?"

"it's kind of hard to trust you right now when all i was to you was a bet." she felt a stinging sensation from in her eyes as she got off the bed and walked around the front of the room like a maniac. she wasn't going to cry in front of David. especially not now. "i fucking trusted you, you piece of shit." she yelled as she left the room and slammed the door behind her, not able to handle being in the same room with him anymore. as she left the house, her keys in hand and phone in pocket, she let the tears fall.

David went out of hot room, trying to race towards the girl who was already in her car and pulling out of the driveway. he went inside and walked towards the kitchen. he leaned his elbows against he counter with his head in his palms and thought about what just happened. he grabbed the nearest thing to him, which was a water bottle, and threw it at the wall while yelling curse words. he had sure as hell fucked up.

-