Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Hermes' POV

It's been about two weeks since the whole incident with Hypnos and Than's sisters. Everything seems to be back to normal. A few days after the incident Than and I were back to work escorting and sorting souls in the Underworld. Hypnos had been at home the whole time pretty much just lazing around doing nothing.

Chaos has been very quiet and it's kind of scaring me because after I let him out to speak with Than and Hypnos he wouldn't stop talking and then all of a sudden I wake up one morning with a tribal tattoo running down my side.

When I told Than he told me not to worry about it as he traced the intricate design with his fingers causing my whole body to heat up. With each passing minute that his fingers were over the delicate tribal design I wanted him more.

He finally moved his fingers at the last moment when I was just about to pin him to the bed and the realization of what I was about to do to him was like a bucket of ice water being poured on me. I didn't understand what was going on and when I went to ask Chaos he was quiet.

"Pet it's time to go home now."

Than was standing behind his desk stretching away all the kinks in his back as I got up from the chair in his office. I had been sitting there for what seemed like hours after I was done for the day because he ordered me not to leave until he said so.

Here I was thinking that he would have changed just a bit after everything we've been through instead he went back to his insane self. I was still wearing the collar and his custom shoes. He was still ordering me and Hypnos around but to make things even I was still teasing him.

He walked past me and out of the room without waiting for me to catch up. Running out the room I quickly leapt from the ground and latched my arms around his neck as I wrapped my legs around his waist. He grabbed for me to make sure I wouldn't fall but once he knew I was okay I could feel his body straightening up beneath me.

"Why are you on my back?"

"Because I didn't want to walk."

"Then flutter yourself to the entrance."

Pouting even though he couldn't see it I stayed right where I was, determined to get him to loosen up. I think he finally understood that I wasn't planning on moving because I could feel the collar tightening around my neck. It was as if a hand was gripping my neck tighter and tighter.

Letting go of his neck I fell to the ground and immediately the pressure was off my throat. Glaring up at him he smirked down at me.

"What the hell is wrong with you? I could have died!"

"Stop being so overly dramatic we both know it takes more than me cutting off your air for a few seconds for you to die. At best you would have passed out and I would have had to drag you all the way back to the house."