Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Hypnos POV

This is a perfect time for me to show Hermes how to handle all this. I told him that he needed to push Than's buttons and what does he do? He instantly agrees with all his demands. Well not me. I won't allow this to continue.

"Hypnos is there a problem with my rules?" Looking up at my brother I smirked opening my mouth to say something.

"Well now that you mention it, I thi-" Hermes hand covered my mouth before I got the chance to tell Than off.

"No Than...nothing is wrong with them. He understands and agrees to all your rules." Turning to me he gave me a desperate look, "Isn't that right Hypnos?"

Glaring back at him I slipped my tongue past my lips and ran it against his palm. He shrieked in disgust, which I might add was not very manly and pulled away his hand wiping it on the bed.

"Actually I don't agree with it. I think it's dumb and we shouldn't have to listen to whatever you say and be dragged around like a dog on a leash." As soon as I was done Thanatos stepped closer to me, leaning down he stopped until our foreheads were pressed together.

His eyes were closed and he wasn't looking at me yet. He was simply standing there doing nothing. He let out a deep breath that fanned minty air across my face. When he opened his eyes it was filled with several emotions I could pick out and a few I couldn't. Anger, frustration, dominance and lust? That last one doesn't surprise me.

The reason he liked Hermes so much is because of his ability to stand up to him, even when everything seemed against him. Even though he was pretty much here as a slave to Than he tended to do what he wanted when he really felt the need to. The outright defiance turns him on even if he didn't want to admit it.

"Hypnos, I don't want to have to keep fighting with you about this..." As I was about to counter with something a loud banging sound could be heard from the front door. Turning his head to make sure he heard the sound correctly he leapt from the bed as soon as the banging began again.

Rushing out the door with me and Hermes in tow. He quickly ran to his room, grabbed a shirt and pulled it on. He stopped short of the door and looked at us with a pained expression. Fear laced into his features.

"Whatever you do don't let anyone see you until I say its okay. Do you understand me?" I was about to object but Than interrupted me already knowing what I was going to stay. He grabbed my arm and pulled me away from Hermes.

"It's them. They came back to cuss me out but you know how they can be when they get mad. I don't want either one of you hurt. They shouldn't know that you are here and as long as you guys stay quiet they won't have any reason to come looking for you. No matter what you hear just stay put."

He couldn't do this. I wouldn't let him suffer alone. When our sisters got mad they got violent and because Than and I were gods it was easy for them to do whatever they wanted to ease their anger without us dying or becoming that damaged. They seemed to be getting more and more vicious, Than hadn't lived with them for decades, he doesn't know how bad they could be.