Prologue

I lie in bed. I know I'm awake, I can feel it. I can feel it trying to swallow me up. It's coming. It's moving quickly, it covers everything I see. I know I have to run...to try and escape but how can I? There's no way to escape it. It's everywhere. There is nothing I can do. I let it cover me. I let it swallow me up. I'm drowning in it...I'm drowning in my own darkness and I'm powerless to stop it.

I'm ready to give up, but something is holding me back. Something that I can see now. It's beautiful and bright. I can see a hand and it's reaching out for me. Someone is trying to pull me away from the darkness? But who would do such a thing? I'm not worthy of such concern, not after everything I've done.

He's pulling me free from it. I can feel it falling away from my skin. He's actually rescuing me from the darkness. But why? What's in it for him? No one does anything for nothing. I look around and it's all gone. I can see nothing but light, there's no darkness wherever I look. I look at him and he's just smiling, he's still holding my hand. He pulls me in slowly and wraps his arms around me.

He's hugging me. A simple act yet I feel so much warmth and safety in it. I reluctantly wrap my arms around him. There's nothing I wouldn't do to stay in these arms forever. Yet I know that it can't last. He lays his head by my ears as he begins to whisper something.

"I Love You Than..."

I shot up out of my bed and looked around panting. Nothing. It always ends the same. I wake up and no one's there. I know it's a dream, but at the same time there's no way it can be a dream. It's so real. Each time I dream it I feel more of it, I feel as if I'm actually drowning. I can feel the relief of being saved and the warmth from the hug that I always recieve at the end.

It hasn't been long since I joined Hades in the Underworld. He allows me to deal with the calmer side of death. For that I am eternally greatful to him. Although I strive to stay away from my past it seems to always find me. I catch a glimpse of it every so often, it begs me to go join them. But I can't, I know I can't.

To some it may be just a dream but to me it is the only thing keeping me sane. I need to find that man, the one in my dreams. He alone holds the key to my ultimate freedom from this life. No matter what I must fin-

"Sir! Cerberus has been stolen!"

***************************************************

So this is the begining of my new story. I really love this story as much as I love the rest of the stories that I've written. I hope you like this one a lot though. So go ahead and enjoy this story. Btw....My lovely cover was made by the talented @nanya_business

Ain't it amazing??