Chapter 5

Than’s POV

After that whole show in my room and in the kitchen yesterday I’ve been trying to keep my distance from Hermes. I know it probably isn’t the best thing to do considering the fact that I’m supposed to be keeping a close eye on him to make sure he behaves. So for now I’ve let him do as he pleases in hopes of just avoiding him a little longer.

Unfortunately for me I’ve gotten called in by Hades today to deal with a soul transfer that I know for a fact Hermes is doing. So now I sit here trying to figure out what to wear when I head down there. The only problem is that I’ve never been this nervous before about going in to do some work. Why was I acting like this?

I walked over to my closet and inspected my outfit choices for today. I picked a simple blood red dress shirt and a skinny black tie. I picked out a pair of black dress shoes and slacks. I think I would look absolutely delicious in this outfit.

I went into the bathroom and stripped off my clothing. I stood in front of the mirror admiring my body. I’m not cocky but every once in a while I do like to see what I’ve worked so hard to maintain. I ran my fingers over my abs just enjoying the feel of it. I closed my eyes and pictured someone standing behind me, reaching over to run their entire hand over my chest. The hand was seductively tracing invisible designs on my chest. I turned around to face them and my eyes shot open in concern.

When I turned around the person who was running their hand over my chest was Hermes. He was standing there admiring my body as I have seen him do many times before. He never knew that I had seen him but of course I had. He wasn’t looking at me instead he was staring intently at my chest, memorizing every line, every muscle. The look in his eyes was pure lust, nothing else.

I shook my head of my thoughts and climbed into the shower. I turned the knob so that the cold water was blasting onto my skin. At first it sent a shock through my system but then it cooled me down and all thoughts of Hermes ceased, for now.

“I’ve got to do something about this.”

I came out the shower and dried off. I looked at myself in the mirror again and as I looked over my features I realized that it was time for a change. My hair had been medium length and completely dark brown. I liked my hair but I wanted something a bit different. I would have to stop by my hairdresser before I went down there.

I stepped out of the bathroom and went straight for my bed where all my clothes were lying. As I changed I realized that he was toying with me right now. The way he acted yesterday meant that he had gotten complacent with me and my company. He thinks that I won’t retaliate...well he thought wrong. If he wants to play then I’ll play.

****************************

Hermes POV

Everywhere I’ve been today I was sporting a broad smile. No matter what happened to me today, whether good or bad, I had a smile on my face. Why, you ask? Because yesterday I had gotten underneath Than’s skin. He didn’t know what to do after I teased him; he just got up and left the table. He went into his room and I haven’t seen him since. Hopefully I hadn’t broken him, that would be no good.

After he locked himself in his room I went into my own across from him and stayed there for a few hours before I got bored. I left the room only to find that he was still locked in there. He was no fun sometimes. I decided to test the boundaries of our new relationship. I put on the sandals he got for me and left the house. I was out all night and he did nothing to stop me.

Currently I was leading a soul down to Hades. He wasn’t supposed to be here just yet but when Aphrodite took a liking to him Ares had found out and needless to say he wasn’t happy about that and he might have had him killed. Well when things like that happen they turn into special cases that I have to go pick up. Once they’re down here I turn them over to Hades who then decides what he’s going to do with them.