Chapter 19

Sebastian looked down at the square from the barred window. It was deserted. Excellent. He turned to Raven who was binding her wrists to stop them bleeding. Elias had just dropped her off again at the cell after draining some of her blood.

"Have you got it?"

Raven nodded and showed him the vial that was full of her blood. It was red but the was a golden sheen to it. Sebastian smiled at her to show how grateful he was. He didn't want her to think that he was another power hungry vampire who was only after her blood. He had already drank one vial so that he was stronger than he normally was. The only reason he needed it was if they ran into any other angel powered vampires along the way.

"You keep that safe. I'll only use it if I need it."

Raven nodded and avoided Sebastian's eyes. He frowned and knelt down beside her. He placed a hand on her shoulder making her jump.

"Hey, are you okay?"

Raven nodded timidly. "Yeah. I'm just feeling a bit drained."

Sebastian could tell that Raven was hiding something from him but he didn't want to press her any further. She was already a broken angel. He could only hope that he had saved her before it was too late.

"Ready. I can hear him coming."

Sebastian hid behind the door that Elias would open in a moment. Raven sat on the floor huddled in the corner as she usually did. Sebastian prepared himself as Elias unlocked the door. It swung open and Elias headed straight for Raven. He grabbed her upper arm and yanked her to her feet. Sebastian crept silently up behind Elias.

Elias looked at Sebastian's bed which was where he normally was. "Where's your vampire knight, princess?"

"Right here." As Elias turned around to face him, Sebastian reached out and buried his fist into Elias' chest. The sound of flesh ripping echoed through the cell but before Elias could cry out for help, Sebastian ripped his heart out of his chest. Sebastian wiped his bloody hand on his jeans.

Raven knelt onto the floor and threw up all the contents of her stomach. Sebastian held her hair and rubbed her back as she vomited onto the floor. Raven leaned back once she had finished and sagged against Sebastian. He helped her up and slung her arm around his shoulder and put his other arm around her waist.

Sebastian hurried down the towers stairs and they rushed past Andre Costa's office to the bottom of the tower. Before they opened the door Sebastian heard screams coming from outside. He frowned and opened the door. There was a crowd gathered in the square and they were all chanting Andre's name. Sebastian was about to pull Raven away from the square but an eruption of terrified screams filled the underground cavern.

The crowd parted when a strong voice shouted out. "Stop! Make way for your new leader."

Sebastian saw the owner of the voice standing over the body of Andre Costa. He turned and looked Sebastian in the eyes. His golden eyes widened momentarily before returning to their emotionless dull gold. The man kicked Andre's body out of his way and made his way through his new coven.

"Sam?"

"Well if it isn't my big brother Sebastian. Thank you so much for bringing my little angel down to me. I'm feeling a bit thirsty after my fight."

Sebastian frowned. "What? Raven what's he talking about." He looked down at his side to see that Raven was no longer there. She was in Sam's arms not looking at Sebastian. She took the vial filled with her blood and placed it Sam's waiting hand.

"I expect you are wondering how I'm still alive after your oh-so-lovely girlfriend shot me in the heart."

"Sam what are you doing? How did you get out of TESS?"