Chapter 1

3 months after Ellie left

October 2018

Sebastian drove his bike slower down Holly tree street as he looked for house number 7. He finally pulled up outside a large but simple white house. He double checked the text he received from Ellie's uncle Aaron to make sure he had the right house.

He sighed and swung his leg over his bike. He kicked down the kick stand and then walked up the long driveway that lead up to the house. Sebastian rang the doorbell and stepped back to wait for Aaron to open the door.

There was some shuffling on the other side of the door and Sebastian took a deep breath as the door was unlocked. He breathed out when Aaron opened the door to let him in.

"Expecting someone else *cough* Ellie to answer the door?"

Sebastian shook his head and followed Aaron into the living room. Unlike Ellie's flat it was more comfort than style. There was a large brown sofa that looked well used and then a black leather sofa beside it that looked out of place. Sebastian looked around for any signs of Ellie.

"Well she's not here so don't bother looking. She is out doing training with some TESS agent or other."

Sebastian's head snapped up at the mention of his ex-girlfriend training with the people who would try to kill her if they knew what she really was. Not human.

"So she actually did it?"

"Did you think that she wouldn't do it?"

"No. I just hoped that she wouldn't."

Aaron nodded understanding Sebastian. He gestured for Sebastian to sit with his hand on one of the sofas.

"What did you want to talk to me about?"

"Ellie."

Sebastian knew that this was what Aaron wanted to talk about the minute he got a text from him saying he wanted to talk. Sebastian sighed.

"Okay. Let's talk."

"Why did you break up? You're both miserable. Ellie was the happiest I have seen her since her parents when she was with you and then one day she shows up on my doorstep in tears asking to stay."

Sebastian cringed at the thought of Ellie crying and that he was the reason for her tears. He rubbed his hands over his face before looking back at Aaron.

"This is why." Sebastian reached into the backpack he brought with him and pulled out the file with his name stamped on it. Sebastian handed it to Aaron who flipped through the file. When Aaron finished he looked up at Sebastian not with betrayed eyes like Ellie but sympathetic eyes.

"I see."

Sebastian couldn't stand the look of pity that Aaron was giving him so he stood up sharply.

"If this is all you wanted to talk about then I have nothing more to say to you." Sebastian walked towards the door but stopped when Aaron called him back.

"It's not. I have something else I need to say."

Sebastian sat back down on the sofa. "Go on."

"I haven't told Ellie any of this because she has always been so against POTS since she feels that they should have been able to save her parents. I will be moving into one of POTS safe houses next week once Ellie moves out."

"Moving out? Where?"

Aaron smiled at Sebastian. "Is that all you got from that?"

Sebastian looked down at his hands. "No. I just wanted to know where she was moving to.you know in case it was back to our- my flat."

"She's moving in with the Walker family. I think she's good friends with the twins and I don't know why but suddenly she sees them as her second family."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"I want you to keep an eye on Ellie."

"Like tail her?"

"Yes."

"I don't know if I-"

"Please Sebastian. She is my niece. I don't like her working for TESS at all. I wish I had told her earlier that it is a stupid idea. She's too set on revenge."

"Alright."

"You'll do it?"

"Yes. I think I should go now."

Sebastian got up and walked towards the door but stopped when Aaron shouted after him.

"One more question Sebastian. Did you love my niece?"

"Yes. I still do."