Chapter 2

Ellie sighed deeply as she finished sorting the large pile of files she had been given to put into piles according to letter. All she had to do now was put it into alphabetical order. She looked at the watch on her wrist and sighed in relief. It was almost time for her to begin training today.

Ellie looked up as Xander's wife, Amy, approached her desk with a wicked smile on her face. Usually Xander or Kathleen would take her for training but it looked like today it would be Amy today. This would give Ellie a chance to judge Amy's character based on her teaching.

It clear to Ellie from the start that Kathleen was a shit teacher because she always searched an opportunity to make Ellie's life harder even in Art class. Luckily Ellie had finished school so she didn't have to spend any extra time with Kathleen then she needed to. Ellie was going to get her exam results at the end of the month.

Xander was actually a good teacher even though he was an evil murdering bastard. He was patient unlike Kathleen. This week he had been setting little tests that were easy to pass. This must be the reason why he was testing her. To see if she was ready to officially become a member of TESS.

Although Ellie had signed the papers and agreed to become an agent, Xander said that she had to complete the training before being introduced to the rest of TESS. The only people of TESS that Ellie had met was Amy, Mrs Snape, Kathleen and Keith. She couldn't really count Keith because she had only met him once before he was shipped off to do some investigating in Germany with his partner.

"Follow me Miss Oakwood. My husband thinks you're ready for the final test."

Ellie stood up leaving the files and followed Amy. Ellie had been waiting for this moment for the past three months. The moment where she could finally access the files she needed to save lives. Angie had been training as well and she wondered who her assigned partner was going to be.

Amy stopped outside a black door and opened the door to reveal a dark room as black as the door. Ellie couldn't see anything except for black so she didn't feel comfortable going into the room. She turned to look at Amy who was smirking down at her. Amy was particularly fond of ridiculously high heels so she towered over Ellie.

"Scared Miss Oakwood?"

"I am pretty sure that I asked everyone to call me Ellie and not Miss Oakwood."

"I'm sorry Miss Oakwood but that just isn't how we do things here at TESS. Please step inside and your test will begin. It is a simulation and your performance will judged."

Ellie nodded and stepped cautiously into the room. As soon as she stepped inside the room Amy slammed the door shut and The room was plunged into complete darkness. Ellie stood there waiting for something to happen when a single spotlight came over a table with a file on it.

Ellie opened the file and scanned through its content. There was a vampire that Ellie had to 'take care of'. The vampire had killed fifteen humans and someone had finally reported seeing the vampire in a park nearby. Ellie put down the file watched the blackness around her change into a park setting. It was dark outside and it was silent everywhere.

The table was still in front of Ellie but instead of a file on top of it there were three different guns. Ellie knew that she had to choose quickly between them. She quickly picked up the gun that shot wooden stakes. One gun was normal and then the other gun had silver bullets.

Ellie raised her gun and the table along with the other two guns disappeared. She scanned the park for any signs of movement but there wasn't anything. Ellie cautiously walked towards the children's play set where the swings and the rope swing were swaying gently in the breeze. Sounded like a typical horror film moment before the monster pounced.