Chapter 7

Ellie ignored Damon's frantic knocking and ripped out the instructions from the box. She scanned through the pages and breathed out in relief. She had just read the test wrong. She wasn't going to have a baby Ellie and Sebastian.

"Ellie are you alright?"

"Yeah Damon I'm fine. I think I just need to lay down for the rest of the day."

Ellie unlocked the door and went to lay down in her bed. Damon followed her and sat down on the edge of her bed looking down at her in concern.

"So are you going to tell your ex-boyfriend?"

"Maybe later. Tell Xander I'll get blood drawn tomorrow."

"Are you sure your going to be alright?"

"Certain. I just need some time to think about what I want to do."

"See you in the morning."

By the time that Damon had shut the door behind him Ellie was already asleep. She had her alarm set for half past five so she could get the human pills from Lianthorn.

******************

Sebastian woke up the next morning someone knocking on his bedroom window. He glanced at his clock feeling groggy. It was five in the morning. No wonder he felt like he didn't get any sleep. He rolled out of bed. Literally and landed with a thump on the floor. He stumbled to the window and opened it wide.

He felt wings brush his cheeks and realised that it was a fairy who was coming to visit. He turned around to face Lianthorn. He blinked, surprised that he would show up. Usually it was only the fairies came to see Ellie. Not him.

"What are you doing? Ellie doesn't live here anymore. What could you possibly want at five o'clock in the morning?"

"I am not here to see Ellie. I came here to see you."

"What do you want?"

"I'm here to make sure your still coming to the wedding and to apologise."

"For what? Bringing up the fact that I was engaged to a TESS agent and I knew she was from TESS? That's my fault. If I had been smart there would have been nothing to bring up. I should have told her sooner."

"No. That was a big secret. It makes sense that you hadn't told her. I think she is being immature. She is so set on revenge she forgets what is important. I have watched her push away her uncle, her friends and now you."

"She had every right to push me away. I was engaged to the woman who killed her parents."

"You didn't know that."

"I knew she worked for TESS! That's betraying every supernatural on earth. Why am I telling you this. What happened to the whole I don't trust him?"

"I read your file and realised that you were tricked."

"I doesn't say that in my file."

"It didn't need to."

Sebastian rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and sat down on his bed. "Have you seen Ellie recently?"

"No. I've spoken to her though. She needs some pills that will make her temporarily human. She was supposed to have them yesterday but she managed to get out of them. I'm going to give them to her now. I think you should come with me."

"No. She would think that I made you take me with you."

Lianthorn sighed and ran a hand through his red hair. "I don't care. You two need to talk to each other."