XXI. Chaos

Mona streched her arms to find herself alone in bed.

"It was all a dream." she grimaced but the soreness of her lady part and the memories of Hugo's touch were like a ghost against her skin. It was so vivid to be a dream.

"Sleeping beauty is awake." a husky voice called out. The familiar sound she dreamt of.

"Hugo!" she exclaimed as he emerged from her kitchen, half naked with a tray in tow.

Her sight was instantly teared off the food and into the sinful display of Hugo's body. The way the sun hit his tan complexion made Mona's throat dry, he shone golden like Greek Gods materialized. Her eyes raked at his form from his flexed biceps to his v-line.

His hair was the only thing that looked out of place with how much of a mess it was. She gulped at the recollection that she was partly at fault.

"Hungry?" his eyes shone with a glint of naught as he openly exhibits his body for her to feast.

"Very." the words came out on its own as her eyes mirrored the same expression on his.

"Be a good girl and finish what I've prepared for you. Dessert will be served shortly." the wink made his subtle implications not so subtle anymore.

"I'm looking forward to it." came her retort as he set up her bed tray table to place her meal there.

She found it amusing how a six foot four male looked like a giant in her modest studio type shack.

The place was a huge contrast to what she was used to but it served the purpose of the minimalistic interior she wanted with a bed just few meters away from the door, a bathroom and a kitchen that are all within reach.

Mona propped herself to a sitting position, wrapping the sheets to her chest as she did so to cover her nakedness while Hugo positioned himself by the little space between her and the bed rest.

She had started eating when his hands started moving in a soothing pattern causing her to look back.

"I'm taking responsibility for tiring you earlier." he reasoned resuming the delicious circular motion of his thumb on her cramped back while she continued eating.

His sentiments caused her to bite her still swollen lips, recalling the event that unfolded.

It was hasty of her, she knew but she had no regrets.

Hugo found her.

Again.

The loneliness in his eyes made her realize that the more she tries to keep him alive, the more she was killing him. The man who had seen her flaws and demons but stayed, the man who only wanted to love her.

She knew that the fire they started would engulf her, even reduce her to ashes, but this time she wanted to burn for him. She had enough hiding, had enough of letting fear control her.

For once, she gave in to what she truly wanted.

Him.

She had given him her all. Mind, body and soul, something that her pursuer will never have even if capture her someday.

"Thank you." she whispered just enough so he could hear, slowly setting aside the utensils she had used to face his lover.

"How did you find me?"

"I have connections." he calmly stated

"I---" she caressed the scar on his neck. It was the very scar that almost took his life that night.