XI. With Her

Cold sweat trickled down her forehead as she looked for an opportunity. The more time she spent there the more her captor's sanity seems to disintegrate. She just couldn't stay any more. She finally decided a course of action when she caught a glimpse of a silhouette's motion outside getting closer.

A friend or a foe? It is vital for her to know for it may be the difference between her doom and her escape when Natalia's face inched closer to her.

"You'll like it here. Afterall, its where our once upon a time started." Natalia leaned into her nuzzling her cheeks before running her tongue on her sweat streaked cheeks.

"So will our happily ever after!" she blissfully announced followed with a madman's howl.

"The foster home!" she couldn't help but let out a gasp when she said it aloud.

That explains the homey atmosphere she felt even after captivity, the sun set at the window the same way it did back then so she assumed that room to be theirs.

The bullied we're stuck at that room next to that door with nightmares about slenderman making entrance there. Never, not even once did Mona thought she would be thankful for that door till now.

If she just make it out the door up front, another one outside awaits exactly towards the woods. She just needed to run straight like her life depended on it, the way she did before and make an exit at Fernando St hoping it was still the same out there. Then probably hide in the shack owned by Mr. Pines, a widowed old man, if he was still alive and hitch hike her way to the police.

Now that a plan was hatched, all she needed was to know who or what was lurking outside but that too, could wait because she needed to end Natalia's advancements on her neck.

With her knees achingly close to her captor's abdomen she aimed a quick yet firm blow to that area but was beaten by a swing to Natalia's head. Natalia was groaning, her petite figure sprawled on the floor while clutching her head.

Mona broke free from the loose ties in attempt to know the identity of her savior.

"Xavier??!!" Mona immediately reognized the man, rushing towards him in relief not minding blood staining her dress clutching him in embrace. She was glad, ecstatic even to know he was alive yet their reunion was cut to a stop.

It took him a minute to respond at the sight of easily breaking free from her bounds but was quick to recover.

"We don't have much time." he urged to the door while his eyes kept an alert surveillance at the groaning figure at the floor which caused her to look the same direction.

She wanted to escape that very moment hoping to find help on the way but what if it wasn't? Natalia knew the nocks and crannies of the place and with Xavier wounded that would place them at a disadvantage.

Another thing would be she couldn't leave Natalia when she needed help. What kind of friend would that make her be? With that in mind she made the decision of tying her up for it was a safer option.

"She's unstable. She needs to be detained." she motioned to the ropes snaked at the chairs handle as she immediately made her way there but was halted when Natalia grabbed on to her ankles making her land few inches away from the ropes.

"Chaeting on me!?! I'll punish you for that!" Natalia fumed as she climbed on top of her pointing the pocket knife at her.

She was overturned by Xavier whose force took her off Mona. Momentarily recovered from the blow Natalia lunged towards Xavier with a pocket knife which he fended off with difficulty since he was still wounded. Natalia was a smart enemy, her wits a match to his strength. She moved with brutal speed, like a cheetah looming over its prey.

She kept aiming for his wound and was quick to find an opening when Mona humped on her back. Xavier kicked her abdomen causing her to fall on her knees, and disarmed her. Mona was quick to bound her to the chair, gripping the ropes tightly into a knot.

Only then were they able to let out a long shaky sigh. Her eyes met his soft earthy ones which spoke great lengths to her.

"Let me stop you there. Don't apologize. I figured it was part of the plan to trap my pursuer. Is there someone else here other than us? Is help coming? Can you hold on for a bit longer?" she babbled as soon as she felt it was safe earning a pat to her head.

"Woaahh easy there." He let a soft chuckle escape his lips before he answered

"I surveyed the area, there's none but us." his response made her rest easy not knowing an imminent danger was inching closer.

"Reinforcements? Well, It's coming. I can hold on, yes. The vest." he raised his shirt to emphasize his point then resumed.

"Did its part. The wound though was from the shot to my shoulder. I just needed a moment to dress it then went after you."

"How could you have hidden? I made sure I was unfollowed." Natalia inquired with a glint of anger and defeat flashing in her eyes.

"Years of covert operations rubbed off my driving style." he responded with a shrug.

After drinking from Natalia's bottled water, Mona's sight began to spin, her limbs grew weak, her body gave up to gravity as it landed on the floor creating a loud thud.

The bottle of water she drank from rolled on the floor spilling its last remains, hitting the tip of Natalia's foot while Xavier's scrambled as fast as he could to her. His panicked voice was blocked out of her ears before she lost her consciousness.

====================================

"What have you done!?" Xavier rhetorically questioned which earned an immediate response.

"Mixed roofie to that water. Didn't give that to her earlier though. You see, I enjoy a bit of resistance but as you can see I'm f*ckin tied. Guess its your turn to have fun now." she calmly explained.

"What!?" Was the only response he was able to make out of her incredulous proposition.

"How about I share her with you? It will take a bit while to track this place down since I shot down all signals leading here. Not too late for us to escape. Come on what do you say?" she bargained to which he responded within a second.

"I would never!" he exclaimed but was interrupted by a sound he heard outside. Drawing his gun he checked the magazine if it was still loaded and crept toward the door when a voice called out to him.

"Are you certain?" it inquired commanding both Natalia and Xavier's attention.

"You!" a shrill scream that came from Natalia made him turn around to see the person he least expected swinging a bat at his face, the impact made him stagger into the floor.

Pain reeled in every fibre of his being, blurring his vision and what little hope he has.

He finally resigned. Defeated, as the last of his strength left his body. His thoughts went to Beatrice.

"Its time to be with her."
He whispered, a ghost of a smile smearing his blood soaked lips.

====================================

Sorry I was super inactive. I had finals and got sick but here's a make up chapter for you guys! Tell me what you think :)

 I had finals and got sick but here's a make up chapter for you guys! Tell me what you think :)