XIII. Cursed?

"This is it!" A woman dressed in a casual blue shirt paired with a waist length navy blue pants squeaked giddily as she positioned her index finger on her laptop's enter key.

Not Your Average Lover
-Marie Antoinette Walsh-

The tale of Lady Mona Sentievva, foster child of the Castiglione mogul followed by a lover's curse to eradicate all other rivals for his lady's affection.

"Creepy romantic" she grimaced as she took a sip from her hot cocoa drink.

This case, however, has awakened the investigative journalist in her. Knowing herself full well, she had to quench the thirst of her inquisitive mind. It led to frequent trips to the station, couple rejections from the officer in charge of the case and tons of bribery.

Seemingly satisfied with the documentary title, Marie knew this one shot could skyrocket her to anchor position or kick her to jail which she has been prepared for.

"I've made it this far." She strengthened her resolve as she pressed the enter button.

A pop was heard followed with flash of the notification bubble stating "Uploaded" making her crease her lips into a smile.

"Now the waiting game begins." she mused as she leaned back on her wine red worn out sofa, waiting for her channel to get bombarded with views and comments about the content of her documentary.

Her sight was diverted to a photo of her graduating college. She looked cocky with that toothy grin of hers while her neck was adorned with heavy medals. She was but an ambitious, hopeful graduate of a Mass Communication degree who moved from the suburbs to downtown New York to intern at Abx Station, the corporation of her dreams.

Yet her dream brought her to the present predicament she was in, heavy thumps from tenants occupying the upper rooms, dripping pipes were among the least of her agony. Her student loans need to be paid soon yet being an intern doesnt pay the bills making her work 2 other shifts to cope.

Impatience grew as her feet furiously tapped the floor for few minutes have passed with her notification remaining idle.

Seconds turned to minutes, minutes to hour yet not a single view aside from herself was made.

"Why isn't this viral yet?" she muttered grabbing a bunch of her copper strands before scratching it.

Soon, a sound was heard but not from her laptop but from her door. Rolling her eyes as she focused on the screen once more she opted to ignore it thinking it will soon go away only to be bombarded by a series of furious knocks.