VIII. Object of Desire.

Her lips tingled with the sudden ache to be devoured again despite its swollen state. Their defense training turned make out session earlier lingered fresh in her memories.

"Your safety is my business, amore." he huskily pinned her down chastising her for letting distraction take its toll on her performance.

"And I take it seriously." he emphasized pointing the fake knife at her heart.

"Again." he commanded offering her his hands to lift her back up.

She assumed the defensive stance as he lunged towards her with all his might. Her reflex worked real quick for her as she dodged his advance. He moved past her making his back an vulnerable target. She tried to send a kick to the back of his knees but her feet was apprehended by his arms when he immediately turned his way back facing her.

As if anticipating her move.

"Nothing less from the prodigy Hugo." She proudly exclaimed at an attempt to distract the man.

"Swooning over me? We'll deal with that later." he said dashing towards her once more yet this time she had kept standing, waiting for his aim. Her torso dodged his planned mark, lifting her knee to his stomach in an attempt to retaliate but was easily countered by his hands covering where Mona's hit would've landed.

This left his nape vulnerable to her attack which she immediately took landing a soft palm on it.

"I won." she exclaimed with a triumphant grin towards Hugo.

"Well done Amore." he fondly ruffled her messy bun as a look of pride gleamed of his handsome face.

"Amore? No more younger sister?" she teased him at the change of endearment towards her.

"That's just awkward." he chuckled wiping her sweat with his navy blue towel.

"Yet here we are." her lips curled into a smile as she bit into it.

"Yes, and you did say you wouldn't want it any other way." he poked the tip of her nose before landing an apology kiss on it making all the blood reach her face.

"I did." she hummed

"The plan remains the same. Although I hate the idea I must agree that Xavier is the best bait there is. I love you Mona. I'd do anything to find you waking in my arms each morning. Even if I had to share your attention with him." Hugo stared at her intently, promise prominent in his voice prompting her tears to fall mixing with sweat.

"It's just us. There's no one in between. I love you Hugo. Always have, always will and if keeping our love secret like this will give us a shot at being together someday I will take it." she responded reaching a ballpoint pen from her duffel bag, she took his hand and drew a line connecting its edges to the other looking like a ring on his ring finger and to hers.

A gesture of promise.

He leaned closer and captured her for what seemed like the tenth kiss that morning.

His kisses were slow, sensual as if seeking assurance to which she responded with equal fervor. Savoring the moment. Their lips dancing in a rhythm only they know. His palm framing her beet red cheeks to draw her closer as her hands found its way to his chocolate curls tugging it.

Hugo bit her lower lip which caused Mona to gasp, allowing his tongue's entrance to her mouth. Her being a novice to the art of kissing has frustrated her now more than ever yet she was able to follow through his lead, turning their sweet caress into a fight for dominance.