Silent Princess

"Shadow and Amy broke up for over 3 years and one day they have to go on a mission and tell them how they feel and might even get together again I don't know it's up to you XD"- Spikeeeee

Thank you so much again for your lovely prompt!

__________

It's been a while since they seen each other. On her behalf, she had already forgiven him a long time ago. Well, it wasn't like he needed to be forgiven. The two just had their preferences. He wanted to continue his dangerous life, and she was ready to settle down.

Amy had to accept that Shadow loved his job more than her.

And that was ok.

That was already three years ago, and it seemed like destiny had its own plans for them.

They encountered again, in a very important mission. G.U.N had clearly requested for Amy to enjoy Shadow on the subject. Amy denied at first, she had no obligations to G.U.N not worked for them. However, seeing that Shadow was alone since Rouge and Omega had to take part in another mission, she decided to oblige.

And who knows? Maybe Shadow and her could end up in better terms.

But right now it seemed impossible.

"Admit it, we are lost"

"No, we are not"

"We were supposed to find the plant's location two hours ago, Shadow."

That's right. Amy and Shadow were in a mission to find a plant. A very special one indeed. Rumors have it that this plant possess everything nutrient a human needs to survive. This could greatly help the fight against World Hunger, but how the plant grows or where it's located it's still a mystery. That's were Amy comes to place, she had to be the best botanist in the whole country. Maybe in the world, but now her knowledge hasn't come in handy.

"We could have already passed it"

"Believe me, I could recognize an unknown plant from miles away... I did discover five new types of plants after all." Amy didn't say this to sound cocky, but to make Shadow realized that whoever his informant was, he lied to him about seeing that plant. At least in this area.

"What an accomplishment"

Amy stood quiet and decided to say no more. Sooner or later he will realize that they are walking in circles. What she was afraid of is that he might realize too late, when it's dark and no light would come across the gigantic trees in the rain forest.

Shadow was done with this mission, he wanted to find that damn plant and leave already. Ok, he had to admit that maybe Amy was right. Heck, when wasn't she right?

"I know that you really love me, Shadow"

Absolutely correct.

"Dating me is probably the best thing that's ever going to happen to you"

True.

"If you leave now, you will regret it"

Damn straight.

"We are lost"

Correct again.

Alright, alright, he was letting his feelings get in the way of this mission. When his commander told him that he was going to be partners with Amy Rose for an important mission, he almost loses it. He wasn't ready to see her again, it had only been a year since they broke up and to be honest, he was probably never going to be ready.