Chapter 24: The arrival of two.

Today, Danni was nine months and 6 days pregnant which had the doctors worrying a little bit. Trying to ignore the scare the doctors gave, Danni continued to walk-waddle through her day doing normal things like make Indigo breakfast, help her with her Lego, be forced to lay down while Indigo and Bucky feel the twins move and all that led up to the family of heroes and children watching 'The greatest showman', per Elle's request. 

Bucky, as normal, didn't pay attention to the movie playing but his two girls singing to the songs being sang. He knew the moment they brought Indigo in that she would be so enchanted by the colours, the lights and the music. Turning his gaze away from the singing duo, his eyes focused on the screen while he wrapped his arm around Danielle and gently placed the same hand on Indigo's head. 

Before Bucky could get into the movie like his family, he and everyone around him heard Danielle gasp in pain, her hands on her stomach. Pain was etched onto her face as she had unintentionally lent forward. Bucky was panicking, trying to find out what was going on before Indigo, despite being six years old, shouted, "She's going into labour!" Making it expressively clear that this isn't a time for panic. 

Bucky froze, trying and failing to process the statement made by his daughter. He was in a trance like state, seeing everything, hearing everything around him, yet...not. It took Natasha slapping him while shouting some choice words in Russian that snapped him out.

Tony was on call to the doctors, getting them to rush here as soon as possible, Wanda went down to reception to tell them to let the up when they got here, Natasha and Bruce headed down to the medical bay to set up for the doctors while Bucky and Clint helped take Danni down as she was in extreme pain and asked them help.

Bucky took her into the bathroom to help her change into better attire, which was difficult when your wife was repeatedly hitting you and screaming at you. Aiding her on to the bed and watching Bruce set things up for the doctors and, Tony being Tony, had them set up practise runs due to paranoia. 

The doctors finally rush in and as one checks on Danielle, the others rush to get their equipment ready. Placing tools in an organised place they quickly put a cover-up over their scrubs so they didn't have to change later. There were three nurses so the other two ran over, hooking Danni on to the machines, monitoring her vitals. 

Checking everything over, the nurse begins, "Okay your fully dilated at ten centimeters so you need to push." The nurse instructed her calmly, obviously needing her to understand. 

Nodding her head, sweat dripping down her forehead, she began squeezing Bucky's hand as she started pushing their first biological child into the world. Bucky was on her left side, whispering encouraging words into her ear and attempting to calm her down a little.

Three hours passed and a painful three hours they were. Danni had been shouting some very choice words at Bucky, blaming him for the pain she was going through and Bucky stood by her side while having the nerve to laugh at the words being said. 

Squeezing Bucky's hand, she got a moment of peace where everything was silent apart from the scream of her second child (after Indigo), and she waits for the shout of the nurse. "It's a healthy boy." She says, passing the baby onto one of the nurses behind her to get cleaned up before she wraps him up in a blanket and passes him to Danni.

He was small, to the point Danni was worried she might have hurt him. Looking down at him he had pale skin and extremely light freckles on his nose. His hands were small and one of them were curled around Bucky's metal hand, which made him noticeably scared. 

Danni suddenly scream, so the nurses hurried to pass the baby boy to Bucky and got ready to deliver their third child. Elle began pushing after Bucky came back from letting Tony and Pepper see their godson. He was back at her side letting her shout profanities at him while he comforts her. This time it took 47 minutes to give birth and as the wedded couple heard the cries of their third child and second girl they were not only relieved to hear that she was also very healthy, but also relieved that they didn't have to go through that pain anymore, despite the fact that it was beyond worth it.