Chapter 22: Ultrasound.

Danielle's feelings were everywhere. She was nervous, excited and extremely emotional. She thought she couldn't have children because of HYDRA, she was repeatedly brought down with the thought that she couldn't start a family but she was and she's doing so with the man she loves.

Bucky noticed how silent she was. He saw the signs that he was feeling, reflecting onto his wife. Her knee was bouncing, her fingers were constantly moving and her eyes were never staying in the same place. Nudging her leg gently with his, he said " Everything is going to be fine." He saw the diversity of emotions rushing past her eyes.

"What if it isn't? I told you about HYDRA, I told you that I shouldn't be able to have kids because of them and...here we are. We're gonna have a baby and I'm terrified that I do something wrong." Danni rambles on, not being to loud, in-case someone overhears them. 

Bucky opens his mouth to respond but he never gets the chance as the nurse calls her name. Looking at each other, they give the other a look of comfort. Grabbing Danni's hand, Bucky helped her up and led her into the room the nurse went into. 

Entering the room, immediately Danni wanted to leave. The walls were white, the furniture was white and there were these really creepy posters on the wall. The smell was exactly what you would think a hospital smelt like and it made Danni feel sick but she tried to ignore it. 

"Could you please lay on the chair?" The doctor seemed okay. She seemed nice, wanted to be friendly but with their past, Danni and Bucky were still on edge.

Clearing her throat,  "Sure." 

Watching as she climbed on the chair, Bucky began to ring his hands together, clearly worried about the baby. Danni bringing everything up made him relive how he couldn't help her, how she spend so long in there and had to remember everything that happened to her. 

Grabbing the stick that Danni didn't know the name of, the nurse puts in on the gel, she had placed on her stomach before, and began to move it around. " So, do you see that little bit there?" She points to a weird shape on the screen. At their nod, she carries on, "That's one of your babies." 

"One of them?" Bucky questions, confused. 

"Yep, you're having twins." The nurse stated, clearly not understanding that Danni getting pregnant with one baby was a miracle but two babies is even crazier. 

"Are you sure?" 

The nurse laughs at Danni's answer, not understanding the impossibility of the situation. "Yes, I'm sure. If you look here, that's your other baby."  The look on Danni's face made her backtrack. "Why? If you don't mind me asking."

Looking at Danni, Bucky can see the hesitation on her face. "Um, there was an issue a while back with Danni and she was involved in an attack, so we were told there was a very low chance at her getting pregnant, let alone pregnant with twins. I'm sure you can understand our confusion." 

"Aah, now I understand a little more. Some times there are cases where the damage done is irreversible but on rare occasions people who have been told that they can't have kids, actually can." 

After getting any more necessary information and being given the picture of the babies they headed back to the tower to tell everyone about their amazing news. They knew they would try to get information about the babies but the only thing that they were going to tell them, was that they were have two mini monsters.

------

Entering the Avengers tower, the couple couldn't wipe the smiles off their faces. They grinned at everyone that passed, waved at staff they knew and always kept their hands connected. 

Leaving the elevator, the couple immediately see their family waiting, as they had asked them too. Seeing the anticipation on there faces made everything so much more real to Bucky as, despite the fact it's been four months, he had been waiting to wake up from a dream. 

"Hey guys." Danni said, timidly. She watched as everyone looked up from their places around the room, Thor and Steve were by the window, Sam, Wanda and Tony were by the couch and everyone else was sat around the table as Indigo was playing on her console.

As everyone greeted them back, Danni and Bucky had been taking off their coats, gloves and shoes. While Bucky headed over to Steve and Thor, Danni headed over to her father figure, Clint, who was sat on the couch with Natasha. 

"So, we wanted to tell you about the appointment but you have to respect our decision about keeping the names secret." Sending a pointed look towards Wanda, Bucky carried on after her nod, " We're having twins." 

Hearing shouts, of both approval and disappointment, made the wedded couple laugh, knowing that bets were going around. "And," Danni said loudly, gaining the attention of everyone, " we wanted to know if Tony and Pepper will be god parents of the boy, while Steve and Hannah (Steve's girlfriend) be godparent for the girl."

"Wait, your having one of each gender?" Tony asked.

"Yep. So, is that a yes?" Bucky questioned, looking at the people involved. 

"Of course." Steve and Wanda agreed immediately.

Silence was the only thing coming from Tony and it confused everyone as they had thought he would be jumping for joy. "Tony? What's wrong?"

Looking at Danni, he shook his head, "Nothing, I-I just thought you would have wanted someone else. I'm not exactly responsible." Tony says, obviously surprised. He gestures around the room, "I'm pretty sure there are others here that can do a better job than I can."

"Exactly." Everyone expected Danielle to answer but instead it was Bucky, "You are reckless, and you don't follow instructions but after having your daughter, you became more responsible, plus Pepper knows how to keep you in line and despite our differences, I can't think of anyone else who I would want being a godfather to my son." 

The whole level of the tower was silent as they watched Tony contemplate this decision. Danni was wringing her hands together in worry, in case he rejected the offer. All that worry went out the window when he said, "Okay. I'll be a godparent but be warned, I will make sure they understand everything science-y and that I'm the best Avenger."

Everyone laughed, knowing that he will definitely try to do so and as Tony looked around, he couldn't help but be happy that everyone was getting along because he wouldn't have this amazing family if they didn't. 

-----

Almost finished, guys. 

I am trying to write as many stories and the chapters for them as quickly as possible but I'm also extremely busy so I don't know when I'll post anything or what stories I'll write but I did say a while back I might get you guys to decide what I write next by creating a book with the options in. 

I watched Endgame and HOLYSHITHOWCOULDTHATHAPPEN!!!

Hope you guys enjoy the book as it is coming to an end very soon. I just wanted to say that I really appreciate the support of the people reading this and I'm very sad to let this story go.

-Lili x