Chapter 16: First word.

Steve was looking after Indigo with Sam as they had basically forced the lovely parents of said child out the door for the day, so because of that they were currently playing with toy blocks with their self-proclaimed niece. It was something they did often and since Danni got back they wanted her and Bucky to spend time together as well as look after their daughter, but they also knew some time alone wouldn't be a bad thing either.

One minute they were playing with toys and the next, Tony and Rhodey walked in talking or in Rhodey's case laughing. They were going on about some weird post-man or something along those lines.

"It isn't funny anymore, Rhodes." Tony says while walking away from Rhodey who had stopped, due to laughing.

"Of course it is. I told you I wouldn't let it go and I haven't and it's even more funny that you have told him again and again and he still doesn't understand."

Tony headed to the bar for a drink, while Rhodey managed to finally calm down enough to keep walking into the room. Saying a quick hello to the three on the floor, tickling Indigo's tummy making her giggle, he followed after Tony and got a glass of water.

"I just don't understand why he calls me Tony Stank. My name was literally on a building before reindeer games decided to destroy it. It was here for years and now I'm being call Tony Stank."

The two friends on the floor chuckle, ignoring Tony's glare, finding it amusing. Sam was about to say something when-

"Stank!" 

Everyone just kind of froze, slowly turning towards indigo who decided to start giggling, staring at them, still playing with the building blocks. 

Sam broke the silence by laughing, loving the fact that Indigo chose to say her first word now funny but finding that her first word was 'Stank' made it even more memorable. 

Steve decided that, while he was holding in his laughter, it would be best to get Danni and Bucky. Grabbing his phone, that he had finally learned to use, he pressed Bucky's contact and waited. 

"Hey Buck, you might wanna get back here." 

On the other end of the phone, Bucky's response seemed hesitant, worried even. "What happened?"

"It's Indigo."

-----

After hearing Steve hang up, Bucky rushed himself and Elle back to the Avengers Tower. Rushing and pushing past people, they reached the elevators at an alarming speed. Waiting for it to reach the avengers suite, seemed like an eternity. Finally the doors open, the worried parents look up from the ground, only to see the people in the room had gathered around Indigo, who was perfectly fine. 

Upon seeing the state he had left the parents in, Steve smiled apologetically, only receiving two smiles in return. Heading towards Indigo, Bucky held her in his arms, kissing her on her head. "Thank god." He muttered, letting only Danni and Indigo hear because of how close they were. 

"Indigo." Sam says softly, repeating it until Indigo's attention was on him. Pointing towards Tony he asked "Whose that?" 

Her eyes following his arm until they reach Tony's eyes, Indigo smiles, stretching her arms out and shouting "Stank!"  

Tony stares at her for a moment before finally smiling, unable to help it and walked forward from his spot to take her from her, now frozen, parents. "Come here Angel." he said, using his own nickname for her.

Finally understanding what happened, the parents rushed with everyone else to get the cute doe-eyed angel to say something, only laughing when she wouldn't say anything else other than 'Stank'.

----------------

Another chapter done and published. 

I'm on a roll. WOOHOO!!!!!

So I have had some people saying they can't wait for me to start on my other story MLB (HAHA it had the same initials as miraculous Ladybug lol) but I don't actually know when I will start it, I have no idea what I'm going to write, plus the fact that I have two other stories I also want to do, so you will need to give me some time.

Comment, Vote and Enjoy 

-Lili x