Chapter || 11

It had been just about three days since everyone had left. The halls were mostly empty, a few others scattered around.

I kinda liked having the entire school to myself, but I couldn't help but think of a certain blond Slytherin boy.

He really has changed this past year and I wasn't used to missing people like I did him.

As I looked out the huge window that towered over Hogwarts I noticed the snow danced in the light, caving the old oak trees as if it was a thick blanket of pure white clouds.

I loved days like today, the weather was perfect, i had a good book in hand and my favorite pajamas on. 

I sighed happily to myself.

But the calm was over when I heard piercing screams come from outside my room. My heart rate began increasing as the shouts only got louder. 

What was going on? 

I wasn't just going to sit around and wait to find out what was happening, so I swiftly grabbed my wand and slammed my door open. On the steps below me I saw small groups of students run in all different directions, making it hard to see where the commotion was coming from.

It was hard to squeeze my way through everyone, they kept pushing me back and screaming warnings, yet nobody had told me what was going on.

Where was Dumbledore? I wondered.

I then carefully began to make my way down the stairs until suddenly I felt one hand wrap itself over my mouth and the other my waist.

My muffled scream would never be heard.

"Mione, it's me." My panic began to fade, I would always remember that voice.

"Bloody hell Draco you almost gave me a heart attack, what are you doing here?" I whispered as he dragged us to a shadowed corner. Though I was extremely relieved to see his face I could tell something was wrong.

"I'll explain later but you need to know it's not safe here," he rushed, fear clearly written all over his pale face.

"Slow down, what's going on?! What do you mean Hogwarts isn't safe?" I shot questions at him, my voice more so turning into a yell.

"It's Voldemort, he's here,"

I new this wasn't one of his sick jokes, he was serious.

"I-I," I tired saying something, anything, but no words could leave my mouth.

"Shh, I've got this under control, I need you to hide." He began, continuously brushing his hands threw his hair.

"No, no way am I leaving you, I'm coming,"

"You need to hide." He begged, I had never seen Draco like this before and I didn't want to ever again.

Before I even tried to reason with him he was gently pushing me into my room.

"Stop—" I began but he pressed his lips against mine, it was quick but love filled, as if it was going to be the last.

"Goodbye love."

And with that the door was locked shut with some type of spell he must of used.

"Draco no!" I screamed, tears pouring out of my eyes.

——

It had felt like hours now that I had been locked up in my room, I could still hear screams of pain all around me.

Draco hadn't left my mind since he disappeared and the door was just about impossible to unlock, so I finally gave up and sat down by the window. And what I saw shocked me.

The pure white snow that earlier laid their beautifully was replaced with multiple shades of red.

The deep red snow had come from my now dead classmates.

A silent scream came from my mouth, these are the people I ate breakfast with just this morning.

More students ran around the field of snow helplessly, that was until I noticed one of the helpless students was Ron himself.

It looked as though he was looking for someone.

"RON!" I screamed, banging on my window until my knuckles began to bleed.

"I'm here!" I tried getting his attention again but it was no use.

What was he even doing here, he should have been with his family right now.

I waved my arms around in all directions but still no use, he couldn't see me.

Death eaters from all directions came at him. He tried his best to put up a fight but there were too many. I watched as they grabbed his wrists and took him away with a couple other students I recognized. 

I let out a pathetic sigh of relief knowing they didn't kill him, it still gave me a chance to save him. But where was Draco?

As if on cue he came running out of one of the many doors seen out of my window.

He had is wand in hand, defending himself from some death eaters chasing him.

Yet all I could do is sit there and sob, any spell I tried using was no hope.

Once he appeared safe his head shot up to my window, smiling at me as if this wasn't happening right now.

My hand was gently rested against the glass.

He nodded his head like he was trying to tell me everything was okay and for the first time in hours I believed it.

But in the span of three seconds Draco was no longer smiling sweetly at me, he was now lying limp on the pure white snow with Voldemort standing above him.

"NO, no no no," I screamed repeatedly.

This wasn't real, I was dreaming.

Just this morning I was sitting here the happiest I had ever been.

___

THE END

Yes, you heard it right, the end. This 5-year book I have been writing very, very slowly has finished with a bittersweet ending I suppose. I know some may be disappointed as I ditched this book for ages and ended it like this and I apologize for that, but I love some good heartbreak and hope you can appreciate that.

It's been real, thanks for reading <3

Is he really dead though....