Chapter || 02

Hermione's POV

It was soon time for the party  so Ginny insisted on getting me ready for the party as she showed me the outfit I would be wearing. It was a strapless black dress that showed off my back quite a bit and was a bit short for my liking.

"Are you sure Ginny, it shows off quite a bit of my body" I asked, hesitance obvious in my voice.

"That's the point! You have to wear it!! Trust me, this outfit is extremely classy compared to some of the girls outfits. plus you have an amazing body Hermione, don't be afraid to show it off a little."

"I guess I'll wear" I responded because I knew she wouldn't let me leave with anything else.

I actually didn't mind the dress, it was pretty, it's just I normally wouldn't wear outfits like this so I just felt a little different. Once me and Ginny finished our makeup and hair it was time for the party, I was nervous that there was a possibility I'd see Draco, since we haven't spoken about the kiss. Once we got there as I walked inside the music was pumping. But before I got a chance to get a drink Harry pulled me and Ginny to a game of truth or dare.

Oh no.... no, no, no...Draco was there with his Slytherin friends, this was way to awkward. At least Ginny was with me, but when I looked to my side she was gone, than I saw her sitting on Harry's lap. So now I was alone, ugh. But then I felt a pair of hands around my waist and there was Ron, he gave me a peck on the lips. well I guess I wasn't alone, but I then noticed from the corner of my eye, was Draco sporting that same look from earlier, strange.

Suddenly my thoughts were broken when a Ravenclaw girl, who I remember was in my potions class, with black frizzy hair, asked me truth or dare.

As I said truth I could feel Draco's eyes checking me out, but I tried my hardest not to notice. The worst thing about this game was that we all had to veritaserum which means we can't lie.

"who was your first kiss?" the Ravenclaw girl asked, smirking widely

As soon as she asked that my stomach dropped, no one could ever know the truth.

Out of all the questions in the world she just had to ask that!

"Umm...we'll... Is it to late to choose dare?" I asked pleadingly.

"Yes, yes it is to late so just answer." she insisted, rolling her eyes.

"Well obviously me" Ron said with a wide smile. Just as he said that Draco looked me right in the eyes and gave me a evil smirk, I tried to send him a signal not to say anything.

"No your not." I blurted out of nowhere, oh my gosh that dam potion. Once I had said that Ron's smile slowly dropped and Draco's smirk only increased.

"Mione, what do you mean, no?" Ron frowned, his eyebrows scrunching together.

But before I could answer I quickly ran off to the nearest classroom, slamming the door, running away from a bad situation was starting to become a habit. A tear slowly slid down my cheek as I heard the door open only to see Malfoy.

To my surprise he came and sat down next to me.

"What do you want Malfoy." I sighed but got no answer, he just looked at me.

After a few minutes of silence he replied,
"I just wanted to say that I'm not going to say anything about that kiss so you don't need to worry."

I didn't reply though, I just sat there wiping my tears away.

Draco's POV

When I first walked in and saw her crying I desperately wanted to comfort her but I knew I couldn't. How did I never notice how pretty she looked, especially in that dress.

After about 5 minutes of more silence I decided to get up, but before I was about to leave she stopped me.

"Wait!"

I stopped in my spot as she got up and approached me. Unexpectedly she came up and wrapped her arms around me tightly, which caused slight tingles to surge throughout my entire body, I could even smell the same hint of vanilla that I did the same day we kissed. On her tippy toes she whispered in my ear "thank you."

I had never really hugged anyone before but it felt nice, so I wrapped my arms around her petite waist and replied "You're welcome" but it was getting to serious so being the idiot I am I added "but this doesn't mean I like you, just remember I still hate you"

She only chuckled at my comment as if she expected it. "Just remember Malfoy, I will always hate you more."

About an hour later I eventually left the room, I needed some time alone. I looked around and spotted hermione chugging down loads of the punch, which was so obviously spiked.

It almost made me smile seeing her have fun, she danced with Ginny but I couldn't take my eyes off her outfit. I had never seen her in anything like it, even seeing her party was strange. But I had never known this side of Granger and I certainly wasn't complaining.

I clenched my fists when Weasley replaces Ginny on the dance floor. His hands roamed across her waist and it disgusted me.

How did that weasel even manage to get someone like Granger?

I turned around not wanting to look at them any longer and went to find Pansy.

Maybe she'll help me forget.

***

If anyone has even gotten up to here I appreciate you ❤️