Chapter || 09

Hermione's POV

Turning around, I saw Draco and my frown inanely uplifted.

I must admit he looked good, in an all back suit and some fake blood surrounding his neck. I wasn't too sure what he was though.

"What are you doing here Draco, shouldn't you be at the party?" I asked, seriously confused why he was here.

"No way I saw you and decided to follow."

"Oh okay." I looked over at his knuckles and they had purple bruises starting to show up. "What the bloody hell happened to your hand Draco?!"

"Oh I tripped," he looked at me with his, well for a lack of better word, grey eyes. You could use that one word description but you wouldn't do him justice. I was struck by their coldness, like a stab of ice. But I also sensed love and warmness that was once never there.

His brush is non injured hand through his hair and I could tell he was lying.

I quickly shook my head, snapping out of another Draco Malfoy daze and avoided his eye contact.

Dracos POV

I was dancing with pansy and listening to her going on and on about some type of hair straightener but I'd much rather be here with Hermione, and her curly hair.

Pansy was wearing some strange mermaid costume and it was making my arms itchy, I looked across the room to see Hermione, she looked perfect, wearing a white angle costume. Even without the costume she was perfect.

I noticed she was alone, sitting near the corner of the room.

"Uh listen Pansy, I would love to hear more about your dress but I've gotta go" I snapped, walking over to Hermione.

"I was talking about my shoes you idiot!" She yelled across the room. Whoops.

Once I got to where she was sitting, she was gone. I looked over to the door only to see her leave, maybe she's upset, I better follow her.

I got through the door and saw her quickly make a move to the library but I notice a tear fall down her pale cheek. This mad me mad, who made her upset.

I decided to keep following her, whilst I kept walking I heard noises on my left so I looked and and saw Ron and Lavender making out. I wasn't thinking when I ran over to them and grabbed Ron by the collar of his shirt.

"What are you doing Malfoy, piss off." He said, struggling to move.

"Oh trust me weasel face I'll piss off, just after one thing."

I punched him right in his jaw which caused Lavender to scream and my knuckle to make a loud crack noise but I didn't even notice, still feeling the adrenaline pump through my hand. How could he do this to Hermione, if I had a girl like her I would never let her go.

and for someone like Lavender Brown, the thought almost made me gag.

With that done and me feeling satisfied with Weasleys bloody nose I was off to the library.

I already knew where'd she be, it's where we normally spent most of our time, the corner of the library.

I eventually got there and spotted her reading some old book about potions. Once she noticed I was behind her she turned around and smiled at me, asking why I was here, but I was to busy watching her, as creepy as it sounded.

Hermione's hair was a soft brown, like the bark of an oak tree, not dark but simply gentle in any light.

Her deep alluring eyes captivated me as flecks of gold danced within the deep swirls of cocoa.

But we we're just friends, as much as I wanted that to change, it's all we'll ever be.

Hermione's POV

I noticed Draco looked upset, usually he was just mad or well, mad I guess. So this was new and I had no idea what to say, the silence was getting a tad awkward.

"Are you a alright?" I smiled gently.

Looking up at me it was as if all his troubles disappeared.

"I am now, but it should be be asking you that." He replied.

"I don't know why I still let Ron get to me, I was the one who broke up with him so I have no right to be upset." I told him, adjusting my wings.

"Weasley never deserved you, you could do so much better Hermione." He frowned.

I chuckled,"like who then?"

He looked at me, his brows furrowed talking awhile to answer.

"Nobody." He replied but seemed unsure.

When will I ever work you out Draco.

***

Hey guys, I know this chapter is really short but the next one will be longer!!

😗