Chapter || 03

Hermione's POV

"Hermione why on earth are you still asleep, we have class in 10 minutes!"

Hearing Ginny say that had me up and out of bed instantly. It wasn't like me to sleep in, I wondered as confusion started to kick in.

I didn't really remember much of last night and my head was killing me. I now knew it was the damn punch that had me feeling like this but Ron told me last night that it was fine?

After quickly showering I got dressed then entered potions and sat next to Ron, my headache still killing.

"Hey Ron," I began quietly but got no reply.

"Please don't tell me you're mad at me," I tried to speak to him, but I noticed his face flare red in anger while clenching his jaw.

"Well of course I'm mad at you!" he whisper shouted.

"Why, just because you weren't my first kiss?"

"And you didn't tell me who, so here's your chance!" He muttered.

"I'm sorry Ron, but I can't do that." I was scared of what he would do if I told him.

"I'm your bloody boyfriend hermione, why can't you tell me?"

"I just can't!!"

Just as Ron was about to say something I stopped

"Ron please stop." I was growing tired of him.

As awful as I felt he needed to know how I was really feeling, "This relationship just isn't going to work out with you always nagging me."

"I think it's best if we just stay friends like old times, it was always so much more fun" I spoke gently, hoping I was making the right Decision.

"Are you bloody serious hermione, you're dumping me in the middle of class, without any explanation!!" He whispered with rage clear in his eyes.

"I'm sorry Ron, but it's for the best" I know I sounded bad, but there is no easy way to dump someone, especially if you've known them for so long.

"Is there someone else, there must be" he said starting to cause a scene which only caused my cheeks to heat up in embarrassment.

"No Ron, there isn't, I just don't want someone who doesn't trust me."

I wasn't sure why I was breaking up with Ron, it's just I'm sick of him acting like this over clingy boyfriend, it was way easier us being friends. I know I shouldn't of broke up with him in the middle of class but I couldn't keep it in any longer.

I placed my hand on his shoulder but he just shrugged it off.

"Don't touch me Hermione, I thought we had something good going on but being the annoying know it all you are, you just had to break up with me" My stomach dropped hearing this, Memories of people calling me this. Ron knew I was insecure, but he was defiantly trying to hurt me.

I just sat there for the rest of the lesson feeling extremely guilty, I should of told him that I kissed Draco, but I couldn't. To be honest Ron's words really hurt me, I had never seen him this mad before.

After all my classes were over I was to sad to go and have dinner so I just sat in the back of the library to catch up on some late homework.

As the door opened to my surprise it was Malfoy, he started to walk over to me.

"Uh, hey" he greeted.

"Hi" I replied back, It was kind of strange that Malfoy just came and said hey to me, doesn't he hate me?

"do you want something?" I asked, putting my book down.

"Actually I just wanted to say I'm...im...sorry, for always calling you names." He quickly spat out.

I was shocked, the, Draco malfoy just apologised to me. If only I had it on record.

"And I was hoping we could be friends?"

We're was all this coming from I thought to myself.

Draco's POV

I'm not really sure why I was saying all this to Hermione, it's just I've realised how horrible I've been to her over these past years and I've been trying to change this year.

"Ok." was all she said, I was actually surprised she wanted to be my friend, after everything I've done. But then again, she could just be saying that to get rid of me, I could never tell when it came to her.

"I guess everyone deserves a second chance, right?" She smiled awkwardly at me.

"Why did you skip dinner?" I asked out of curiosity, noticing she wasn't there earlier.

"Well me and Ron sorta broke up." She answered with a slight frown.

"Oh , that's why Weasley looked so pissed." I chucked.

And with that I left her to be alone, I figured she'd want to be. But for some strange reason I felt satisfied when she said that her and weaselbrain had broken up.

Feelings were weird.

***

Annnnd they're finally friends now!

I wonder if it'll last?

Don't forget to vote and comment

❤️