Chapter || 04

Hermione's POV

A week had past since Draco and I had become friends or whatever, but whenever I tried to speak to Ron he would ignore me like some angry kid. Though I really hope he would just come to his senses soon enough and realise this was for the best.

I was getting exited for the tri wizard tournament, they had announced that Harry was going to be in it, at first it terrified me, but I knew Harry could win it. I had also noticed that victor Krum had taken a liking to me whenever I brought his name up information of Draco he would roll his eyes and tell me he hated him. Maybe he wasn't a fan?

Everyone was getting super exited about the yull ball, including Ginny, but it wasn't even for another 2 weeks.

As I made my way to the library I felt someone grab my wrist, I turned around seeing Ron, my heart started to beat faster in fear and pure confusion.

"What do you want Ron." I yelled, trying to tug my wrist back, feeling little shocks of pain throughout it.

Once I took a better look at him I noticed he looked tired, with bags under his eyes and his usual neat hair was all over the place.

"You're not the one who should be mad!" he hissed.

"Well I am because every time I have tried to talk to you, you have been completely rude, I'm sick of trying so just stay away from me until you're ready to accept what happened and forgive me."

"You've changed Hermione" Ron said gripping on my wrist tighter.

"Let go Ron!!" I shouted, but he didn't even flinch.

"Let go of her Weasley" I heard a sudden voice from beside me, I turned my head and saw Draco? I could practically see the anger spread across his face. His usual silver eyes were now a dark grey.

Thank gosh, I'm not exactly sure why I was so relieved to see him, but I was.

Ron sent him a vicious glare than stormed back down the hall. He thought I was the one who changed but this situation proved that he had.

I looked straight into his stormy grey eyes and genuinely smiled at him,"Thanks Draco."

"Are we on first name basis now?" he asked with a hint of a smirk forming on his lips.

"I guess we are."

"Are you okay Hermione" all playfulness erased from his face, replaced with seriousness.

"Yeah, I'll be okay, Ron's just finding our breakup difficult, that's all, but I'll be okay." I answered. He looked unsure but nodded his head.

We both headed up to the library and sat at the back of it where all the bookshelves were, no one could see us.

We both just sat, sometimes we would talk for hours without realising, but this time we were closer than usual, not talking much, just looking at each other, I tried my best to look away but his piercing eyes were just hypnotising me, I than realised he was looking down at my lips, I had no control i started to lean in closer and closer, my brain completely shutting down all thoughts, until we were only about two centimetres apart, I could now feel his cool minty breath across my mouth but just as we were about to kiss....

"Hermione, Hermione are you in here" a familiar voice yelled out, didn't she realise this was a library.

"Hermioneeee, hello?" Ginny yelled again obviously looking for me.

I looked back over at the blonde, he was still staring at me, this was way to awkward, I can't believe I was about to kiss Draco Malfoy,  AGAIN. We were only friends, I was so stupid.

I then stood up without sending him a second glance and patted my frizzy hair down as best as I could.

"Hey Ginny, can you be any louder." I giggle feeling guilty for leaving Draco, none of my friends knew I had been hanging out with him, we had actually become quite good friends, but not even my best friend Ginny could know, they would just judge him for his past.

"Hey there you are Mione, I've been looking everywhere for you, we're going dress shopping" she squealed.

"Uh why?" I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"For the Yule ball of course?" she answered, obviously annoyed at my blank expression.

"Umm, Gin I love you and all, but that is so not happening." I crossed my arms.

"It's to late to drop out now, I already told everyone you're coming."

"Why on earth would you do that, I don't even have a date!"

"You don't need a date Mione, I'll be there and so will Harry"

I rolled my eyes at this, since me and Ron were done I was going to be a third wheel, but I was glad Harry and Ginny weren't bringing it up.

"Fine I'll go." She squealed again, causing everyone to death glare her, "We may as well leave now" I groaned.

***

Once we got to the dress shop Ginny instantly ran in and started to pick up a bunch of dresses,

I didn't mimd shopping every now and then but with Ginny it was honestly a nightmare, I'd rather be back home and reading.

"OMG! try these on" Ginny continued as she threw me a bunch of dresses.

The first 7 dresses were nice-ish but on me they looked disgusting. I finally tried on the last dress, I looked in the mirror and I was stunned, the dress looked gorgeous on me, it was a cute black dress that was shorter at the front and longer at the back with little white flowers sprawled across it.

I came out of the change room to show Ginny.

Her eyes widened, "Woah hermione, you look amazing, this is the one" Ginny smiled as though I tried on a bloody wedding dress.

"And I know who else will think you do," she smirked.

With my obviously confused face she elaborated.

"Oh come on Hermione you can't keep a secret to save your life, you and Malfoy. Don't think I don't know about you too, I'm not stupid" she giggled.

My heart dropped, "WAIT WHAT, Ginny!! How do you know about Draco, and anyway we're just friends" I whisper shouted.

"Seriously Hermione, you're my best friend, I have my ways, and don't worry. as if I'm gonna tell anyone."

"So your not mad?" I confessed, thinking she would be after me ending things with Ron.

"No way! Use two would be super cute!!!"

"Like I said, we're just friends!"

"Yeah, for now." she smirked again.

I just rolled my eyes and continued admiring my dress.

***

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.

If you did pleaseeee vote ;)

🤪🤪

👋   👋   👋