the party

"come on bitch get in!" annie yelled as i ran to her car. 

"i can't belive we're going to be back at nadia's house after all these years... crazy right?" i asked annie who was too busy reapplying her lipgloss to care.

"um yeah! actually i was thinking about that earlier and i'm still kind of confused why we're invited..." annie started.

"i mean the whole grade is... nadia isn't THAT brutal..." i said thinking about whether or not that was true. 

"whatever. let's just not make a scene there and hopefully we can all put away our past and start over." annie said happily. 

"do you know how much shit nadia has done to us though... why would we want to start over with her?' i asked, now getting irritated by annie's words.

"i don't know kenzie. we don't really have that many friends besides each other, plus nadia is really cool and nice if she likes you." i heard annie say. 

"so you're saying i'm not enough for you? and nadia is NOT a "cool person" annie. she fucking got all of our friends to ignore us for three years because she thought you liked joey. and she wasn't even dating him then." i yelled.

"that was three. years. ago. and i don't think she intended it to go on for so long... plus we're both friends with lauren again so it doesn't matter." annie replied. 

"nadia made our lives a living hell, and she still continued to do it with johnny to me. after ACCIDENTALLY sending him a snapchat. i can't even believe you right now..." i crossed my arms.

"kenzie what i'm trying to say is that drama is fucking dumb. i've already got over the shit nadia has done to us, i think you should too." annie said. after that, the car was silent until we arrived at nadia's house. 

"hey kernazy, want to go in together?" annie asked me. 

"it's fine, you go find nadia. i'll be... wherever." i said coldly and walked past her. annie groaned and let me walk in without saying another word. 

music was blasting and everything seemed like a blur to me. everyone was drinking and making out, and i just wanted to find somewhere to sit without seeing people shoving their tongues down each other's throats. i know i might've seemed like the type to do all that crazy shit, but that's really for when i'm so bored, and i have nothing to do. i went into nadia's kitchen and sat there, eating chips from a plastic bowl. 

"so you leave my recent snapchats on read and think you can escape me?" he said. i looked up and on cue, rolled my eyes.

"brandon, leave me alone already. you have to accept the fact that our deal is done. we're over. bye." i said. the deal. i would send brandon pics of me (yes brandaddy is a very horny boy) in exchange for his silence. silence about what you might ask? well, me and brandon may or may not have fucked in the summer... and obviously i wasn't proud of it. 

"but maybe we can extend our deal...." brandon said smiling. 

"and why the fuck would i do that?" i asked raising my eyebrows curiously. 

"well i mean, we ARE in a room with the whole grade, and our "fling" in the summer could easily start spreading." brandon winked.

"are you blackmailing me you dick?" i yelled.

"shhh kenzie, and it's nOt bLaCkmAiL." brandon said.

"then what is it?" i asked, putting my hands on my hips. 

"whatever, deals off. you'll regret this though, you don't know what's coming tonight!" brandon said to me. weird. 

"may i cut in?" a deep voice interrupted brandon's "threat".

"yea sure dude, she's all yours." brandon winked.

"oh hey john," i said, tucking away a strand of my hair behind my ear. 

"kenzie, why are you by yourself?" he asked me curiously.

"i was just with brandon... what?" i asked laughing at his stupidity.

"oh... right. anyways, you look really good." he said eying my body.

"thanks," i said simply. "you look um... ok." i joked.

"anyways, me and nadia are done. thought you should know." he stared me down.

"yeah i kind of got that from yesterday, remember?" i asked him. "and the things i said..."

"did you mean those things kenzie?" johnny asked me. breathe kenzie. breathe.

"well i guess not, i was just trying to say what would get nadia off of me at the moment. i didn't mean them..." i inched closer to him. this was going to be it, our kiss. i felt his hand graze my back, pulling me even closer to that our faces were almost touching. i closed my eyes, awaiting this moment for too long, and then 

"MACKENZIE ZIEGLER IS IN LOVE WITH NADIA TURNER?"